View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #16
cbmartinez
night moves

1. Poison The Well- You Come Before You
The first five CDs on my list I can say honestly changed my life and not one changed it more than You Come Before You. My first and favorite Poison The Well album, as far as I'm concerned this album is a moden day masterpiece. The Cd has a perfect mix of beauty and brutality and thanks to the eerie jam sessions placed between each of the tracks, the album flows perfectly. This album has scared me, made me cry and gotten me thrashing and will always hold the number one spot.

2. Converge- Jane Doe
Again, this album to me is musical perfection. Who could ever thought such chaos could be so beautiful? From the fucking explosive grind intro of "Concubine" to the epic 12 minute album closer "Jane Doe," Jane Doe holds your attention. The production is perfect, the intstruments are insanely technical and Bannon's unholy shrieks are mindblowing. Jane Doe gives You Come Before You a run for it's money but lands at second.

3. Thurdsay- Full Collapse
Full Collapse opened a whole new world of music to me. It showed me what beauty and emotion really are. The album is complete in every way. And to this day Thursday remains to be one of the few bands that uses screaming productively, as an output of extreme emotion. This album changed my life in so many ways.

4. Thrice- The Illusion Of Safety
Every song on this Cd is incredible. Teppei's guitar work is mindblowing and Dustin's emotional sreams truly bring the songs to life. Songs range from the soft melodies of "Trust" to the start stop dissonance of "Kill Me Quickly." And of course "Deadbolt." An extremely solid album.

5. Sytem Of A Down- Mesmerize
Toxicity used to hold this spot, but Mesmerize won me over. Serj and Daron's playful lyrics and breathtaking harmonies make this CD SOAD's best effort. Sure, sometimes I miss the brutal metal craziness of Toxicty but Mesmerize is truly the perfect direction for SOAD.

6. Chevelle- Wonder What's Next
Chevelle get a ridiculous amount of **** for being simplistic and while this is true, they sure did create a hell of an album with WWN. This album is ****ing heavy and the dark feel of tracks like "Grab Thy Hand" just enhance this. It's a shame so many people won't give this album a chance, it's truly fantastic.

7. The Starting Line- Say It Like You Mean It
There's nothing really life changing about this one, just an amazing album. Every song is good, the leads are catchy, the harmonies are incredible. It's just good, catchy pop-punk and I can listen to it over and over without getting bored.

8. Saves The Day- Through Being Cool
Just another fantastic upbeat pop-punk album. The lyrics are clever, the choruses are impossible to forget, and Chris' vocals soar. Again, not one bad song.

9. The Blood Brothers- This Adultery Is Ripe
By far the Blood Brothers best effort. This CD takes the line between genius and insanity and dances back and forth over it. The lyrics paint graphic scenes of childbirth, surgery gone wrong and other frightening scenarios. Truly a spazzy masterpiece.

10. Rancid- ...And Out Come The Wolves
My first and favorite punk album. Every song is full of raw guitars, speedy bass and Armstrong's gritty signature vocals. From the in your face speed of "Maxwell Murder" to the catchy choruses of "Ruby Soho," this album has it all.

HM: Hopesfall- The Satellite Years