View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #65
exredhouseresident
For the working class

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Yup. Name me another rapper that preceded Lil B who's music is as synonymous with home-made video recordings.

Sure other people may have provoked similar thoughts (I'd be curious if you could name some) but they have never done it through "pop rap". What I'm saying is nobody has been able to bring as much self awareness and humor at the expense of other hip hop contemporaries like Lil B, and he did it all by utilizing, and parodying a cliche hip hop sound.
Why? He's utilizing tools of his time. He isn't some genius for that. If he did it from a message board or something, there might be a point to what you're saying. YOutube is a popular site. Someone was bound to do what he did and with no greater effort.

Ive already named some and if I went on to name more, a side debate riddled with trivial comparisons would develop and it would be ridiculously off topic. I'd much prefer staying on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmitch View Post
theres a thin line between discussing rap music and being exredhouse
If you didnt have such a strong proclivity for stupidity, detectable by your taste in rap, I would imagine you'd hate yourself, given how stupid you are.