View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
Angry Balled Fists!
rancid dan

Favourite 10 Albums of all time !!!

So, what are your 10 favourite albums of al time, and why ?

Mine are :

1. Rancid - ...And out come the wolves
Well, it's a classic. From the opening Maxwell Murders, with that Bass Line to the closing, chanty Avenues and Alleyways it's all gold. No-album has given me such please listneing to. I got it on my Birthday a few years ago, and i was blown away.
Best songs - Junkie Man, Journey to the end of the east bay and Avenues and Alleyways.

2. Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
My favourite Trio album, has a nice variety of tracks. The lyrics are amazing, and features some of their best work. The vocals are the strong pint for me, the pair duel up for some amazing songs, most notbale is the chorus to Emma.
Best songs - Emma, This could be love and Every thug needs a lady.

3. NOFX - Punk in Drublic
NOFX's best album, Punk in Drublic is hen they broke into the mainstream and has som many memorable tracks on it. It's funny, fast and happy. The lyrics are not to be taking meaningfuly, and it's full of silly songs. It's why we love them.
Best songs - Linoleum, Jeff wears Birkensotcks, Reeko.

4. Taking Back Sunday - Tell all your friends
Excellent. I can't believe i went so long without listneing to them. Amazing songs, amazing vocals and amazing music. From the poppy, Cute without the E, to the heavier Head Club, its all good.he two vocalists link up is superb. The PERFECT Summer record.
Best songs - Head Club, The ballad of San Villanueva and Great Romances of the 20th century.

5. Thrice - The Illusion Of Safety
God, i love this album, every song is great. I love everything about it. Fast, heavy and emotional. Amazing guitar work. From the slower Trust to the super fast A Subtle Dagger, it's an amazing album all round. I'm constantly humming/singing the music.
Best songs - A Subtle Dagger, Betrayal is a symptom and The Red death

6. Operation Ivy - Energy
Pre- Rancid goodness. 29 songs of fast, furious punk and ska. Catchy, happy, funky, good music. You can't really sum up how amazing and influential this album is.
Best songs - Knowledge, Sound System and I've got no.

7. Rancid - Let's Go
An amazing Rancid album, 22 tracks of fast, non-stop rock and roll.
The introduction of Lars to the band certainy added something new to Rancid. You will be chanting, singing and shouting along to this for years.
Best song - Nihlism, Radio and Burn

8. Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
Superb. Fast, melodic, hard. The vocals are great and the guitar work is great. A very influential album for me. Full of great songs, includes the anthem, Like the Angel.
Best songs - Black Masks and Gasoline, Like The Angel and Heaven Knows.

9. Brand New - Deja Entendu
Very different to their fist album. This is a lot mellower, but the musicianship is amazing and the songs are superb. The album has so much variety aswell, formt he jazzy Jaws them swimming to the punky The Quiet things that no-one ever knows. The lyrics are excellent and is full of quality tracks.
Best songs - Sic Transit Gloria, The Boy Who blocked his own shot and Guernica.

10. Alkaline Trio - From here to Infirmary
Lovely album, the band work great together in this and many call it their best album. As dark and deep as ever this album surely does feature some classics.
Best songs - Private Eye, Take lots with alcohol and Another Innocent Girl.

Go

Last edited by Angry Balled Fists!; 07-04-2005 at 11:33 AM.