View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 AM   #11
Merkaba
Play-Dough and Rug Hair!

hehe..thanks Ken.

AppreciateIt, I'm not familiar with Tim. If you can post a short sample of what youre talking about I could comment. But there's not much in the way of teaching it. If its raspy or growl you get that sound by being able to keep your cords in vibrationary shape, as you push extra air through them, enough to deflect off of the glottis area just above your cords, where you have some folds at call the false cords. Like if you were going to gargle the note, kinda. (Thanks Kristina). Other than that and keeping the larynx/adams apple relaxed its really not alot going on.

First you have to have the range or ability to get there, which for some can take a while...Like years. And depending on the size of your larynx and your cords you do have an ultimate stopping point...as to where you cant pull your cords any tighter across your larynx. But I always say that it takes while to get to that point if you ever do, and that most people will grow indefinitely with proper form and technique. And dont forget that lessons are always good. I mean it IS just the internet here.

Remember that most people around here are basically asking the same type of question as this: "I dont work out that much, and I currently bench press 180lbs. What do I have to do to be able to bench 400lbs like whats his face?"
Safe form and technique, Genetics,and lots and lots of work.
Did I say alot of work? Oh yea...lots of work.
So You would need time alone to work on your bench press to really get that strong..it would take forever if at all, if you were just working out 15 minutes here and there, and thirty here, then not at all for a week, then 10 minutes the next day, etc. Ya know?
Check out my [URL=http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219911]voicehelp hotline[/url] and read through the links in the first post.

Last edited by Merkaba; 07-27-2005 at 06:34 AM.