View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
iszalai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODYPRINT View Post
OK, i got the chokes and hihat splash working as well. I can also trigger different MIDI notes with different hit strengths (side stick/rim shot) with a couple of free MIDI tools that you can find here...

http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Windows/midi.html

The first tool I found was called MidiFish which lets you translate 1 midi note to another and also lets you split notes by hit strength. Has crossfades as well. Very cool. But it didn't fix the choke problem.

As I mentioned in the above post I use BFD2 which can use MIDI notes to choke the cymbals, so I used another tool called MIDI Translator which allows you to convert MIDI control messages into MIDI notes. It's not as easy to use as MidiFish, but once you get used to it it's not too hard.

With the DD506 module set to Kit 4, and GM Midi turned off in the utility menu (P-N) you get each drum on a seperate MIDI note, you get 3 Hihat positions each on seperate MIDI notes and you get a Hihat Splash on a seperate MIDI note.

So the (not so) basic setup I have is...

DD506 Module --> MidiFish (Translate and Velocity splits) --> Midi Translator (Choke Controls to MIDI notes) --> Host

When I get time, I'll try make a step by step tutorial.
Dear BODYPRINT,

I use Medeli DD506 e-drum with Dfh EZDrummer sampler by Reaper host program. Unfortunately the choking function does not work at all. Near Dfh sampler there are IX/Midi_KeyMap and MIDI_OakChoke_MedeliDD506 in the FX chain. I followed your instructions the program 004 and the P-N settings point of view, but I am not successful with it. What is the wrong with me? Maybe the sequence is the problem within the chain? It was not clear for me, have you solved this problem in the past and if yes, how? Help me please!

BR, iszalai