Thread: Sound Off
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #67
Apollyon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon's Ghost View Post
Long ago, I asked for a simple change in the way we accept members.

Anyone caught with 2 accounts be permabanned. IP ban em as well. Even though you childish losers find workarounds, thats ok too. Just keep banning them. We never allowed 2 accounts or 3 accounts per user, and we banned people for it. Why did that change? How hard is it to query an IP address and match them up? Based on WHOIS and DNS lookups, you can always tell someone who's using a proxy. Ban them. No questions asked. I don't care if this affects losers who post on school time. So sorry, post when home from now on.

Every single user who signs up MUST use a valid email address, and it cannot be used again. Yeah I know hotmail accounts are easy and free, but if someone is willing to go through all that trouble just to have multiple accounts, their issues run a lot deeper then banning them would solve.

Close the spam areas. FOREVER. Just keep the Instrument forums and the Genre forums, and that's it. Keep a "Penthouse" for users with VALID reputation and/or membership length, and thats really it. With the way users abuse rep like it's a popularity contest, it's no surprise to find spammers and hackers with massive amounts of rep.

The fact that anyone would maintain this place for you ungrateful cocksuckers is almost shocking. Jeremy was truly nice and professional back in the day. Now you dickheads proved you deserve none of it. I mean really. It's not serious business, but it aint like anyone is making money of your idiocy. This place was once truly enjoyed for music and players and musicians alike. Beinding to a whim of illegal tabs? Should Jeremy go to jail because you suck at transcribing?

I swear I'd shut it all down at this point.
"This place was"
"Jeremy was"
"There was a time"

No offense man, because you know I respect you and your opinions on here, but you've been here since 2001. You've been here only two years longer than I have and you make it sound like this place was a paradise and I know that it sure as hell wasn't when I signed up. If the forums went downhill that fast, in just a couple of years, that suggests that the staff is doing something wrong to provoke negative changes.