Thread: Open Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #28
Loch Tess Monster
I am a hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx View Post
1) What kinds of things would you ideally like to discuss here? Should some of the sports/movies forums be returned to here, or do you like the current format?
I think the current format works well enough. We have a Community Thread as well as the short story contests, meme thread, etc. Of course, the amount of spam threads is always high in the pit, but I don't know if you can really do anything beyond closing them when they do pop up.

Quote:
2) Should we have a closed discussion forum for selected members?
No. That's just going to cause more elitism, obviously.

Quote:
3) What makes you post here? Boredom? Entertainment?
I may be a part of the 'select clique' but I quite enjoy the community aspect of the site. I know a number of the posters by first name, I talk to them outside of the site, I would consider us to be (internet) friends. I'm friendly to everyone who hasn't given me a reason to be unfriendly, and I receive the same in return. That's why I come here...that and boredom.

Quote:
4) How do you propose that we deal with the users that ruin it for everyone else?
No idea.

Quote:
5) Will re-opening the site forum help to resolve problems?
Yea, I think you ought to reopen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
It's gone beyond the point where a simple banning can stop it. People like Chad, if possible, I would look into legal action, but I looked into his Onion Routings and the liking and it does seem pretty unlikely anything like that could work.
I do agree with the first part of this. Bans do nothing but restart the cycle - this is fun for chad, so of course he's going to make another account and come back again. what else is he going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
The best bet would probably be to put a black mark over their heads. Associating with these users would earn you a three day ban or a reduction of priveliges (kicked out of GD for example). At first there would probably be a few martydoms for the sake of loyalty, and although this would probably do little for off-site loyalties, it would atleast stop the public support for the immature actions of certaiin individuals.
Nath honey, I get your good intentions here but this is not going to do anything but aggravate him more.

Last edited by Loch Tess Monster; 07-27-2007 at 10:16 AM.