View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #57
Vinnie's Ice Cream
You want some ice cream!?

Checked out the videos.

The snare's sound really good. Really good actually. I'd think about ordering one myself even.

The toms sound like shit to be quite honest. Very very dead. Particularly that "Part 1" video.

The kick drums sound like a kick drum, nothing spectacular, not bad, not great, just what it is.

That little bop kit sounded really good. But IMO when you tune toms up that high, they kinda all sound the same, loose some character in a way. It sounded like a great little bop kit, but not anything heads and shoulders over any other high end kit.

That prototype kit, same thing. Snare sounded spectacular. The kick was dead as can be, but if that's the sound you want. So be it. It doesn't do much to show off the drum though.
The toms, again, just really disappointing. Lacking the resonance, character and sound output I'd expect from a kit of that price range/quality and looks.
Particularly the 8" tom, a tom that size should sing like a mother.. and it just bloop. Very very dead sounding toms over all. The floor tom almost sounds like the head isn't even at tension, just BLAP.

I would suspect the tuning of the drums for the video's is playing more a role then the drums. Honestly I would expect them to sound a lot better given the obvious build quality. I believe they quite possibly can sound better, given different tuning and head selection.

The bottom line is, they definitely are not on a competing level with other high end kits sound wise, based on those videos. Particularly considering the price range as well. I'd expect a LOT better sounds.

Just my opinion, but those drums definitely do not sound lively and open. They sound dark and dead. There is little to no resonance in the kits. Considering these drums are supposedly designed with maximum resonance in mind. Something is terribly wrong in the tuning, or perhaps the design themselves.

But the video's speak for themselves.

Last edited by Vinnie's Ice Cream; 12-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.