Thread: Beat your kids!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #25
FVG27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon's Ghost
If getting hit is what kept you in line, will you use the same pratice on your children?

If so, think of how they will come to understand conflict resolution. Within their social circles and as well, when they get older and find themselves in situations which will require some communication to resolve as oppsoed to beating the crap out of someone.

See my point?

If we end the ignorance of physical discipline, we can start to build a better world, simply by teaching our children how to resolve conflict without beating the crap out of everyone we see. That will end a great deal of violence in our society. Though, in the same token, less kids are raising their hands to one another and simply opt to shoot that person instead.

So.. What the hell do I know.
I got hit as a kid but I don't use violence to solve problems and nither do my friends that were hit. I had an argument with a few girls once about it, they were never smacked as kids and the amount of fights they've been in is unbelievable. As a child it was something to fear- I would get punished if I did something wrong. The fear of get a smacked hand stopped me doing wrong rather than having TV banned for a week. It hasn't done me harm.