Thread: Open Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Dinosawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx View Post
Hey guys,
Hey Jeremy, it's good to finally see you back in this part of the forum.

Quote:
1) What kinds of things would you ideally like to discuss here? Should some of the sports/movies forums be returned to here, or do you like the current format?
I think keep the forums where they are except for a few official threads. So have a "Official Movie Thread" and an "Official Exercise Thread" and if people want to go into more detail, they can ask in those selected forums.

Quote:
2) Should we have a closed discussion forum for selected members?
I would strongly support this as a theoretical idea. However, I am almost 100% sure it could never work.

Quote:
3) What makes you post here? Boredom? Entertainment?
I enjoy the community, I'm most active when there is a forum drama going on- and though alot of the time that drama is actually giving you a headache (today for instance), it does provide a measure of entertainment.

Quote:
4) How do you propose that we deal with the users that ruin it for everyone else?
It's gone beyond the point where a simple banning can stop it. People like Chad, if possible, I would look into legal action, but I looked into his Onion Routings and the liking and it does seem pretty unlikely anything like that could work.

The best bet would probably be to put a black mark over their heads. Associating with these users would earn you a three day ban or a reduction of priveliges (kicked out of GD for example). At first there would probably be a few martydoms for the sake of loyalty, and although this would probably do little for off-site loyalties, it would atleast stop the public support for the immature actions of certaiin individuals.

Quote:
5) Will re-opening the site forum help to resolve problems?
Short answer yes, long answer no. If I were in charge, I'd keep the threads in each forum and have the site forum reserved for big issues. However there's still a lot that can go wrong there.

Let me think on this, I'm glad you made this thread.