View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #22
Merkaba
Play-Dough and Rug Hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appreciate_it
merekaba do you want a song by rise against, you were right with the air coming through, you can really here it, but it's wierd, it's air coming through but still loud as!
Sure post one. But i dont understand what youre talking about with the air coming through. You mean when I said extra air for raspiness? That basically means singing harder than you need to so you have more of a sound to bounce off the throat. When you sing your cords open and close in a certain shape like hundreds of times a second depending on the pitch. So youre actually making hundreds of little seperate puffs of air. If its a note, ts all the same, its just how big can you get your puffs, for loudness and having enough momentum so the air can be bounced off of the back of the throat to create the rasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormX
Er, I think I've said this before but I don't remember if I got a reply.

I can't sing, at all. I want to be able to sing, but I don't want to get lessons right now because I want to have a general idea of how to sing, not just go in with no clue and look like a moron.

So do I need lessons to learn how to sing, or can I learn, or semi-learn by other means, and if so how?
If you have a place to practice without being judged. Like a moving car with you driving!