View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 12:05 AM   #88
SRTracer
December Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by apromisingyear
heres a link to some tracks: [URL=http://myspace.com/aaef]Link[/url]

I suggest "You Made Me Cry Again", it has become quite the favored track.
It's not that you don't try hard, but your song made Me Cry Again after every time the little rap beat came in and restarted. This song is so sloppily put together, I just don't know how you plan to have interest in as well as sell 30,000 copies dude. You're a competent guitarist I suppose, but not even as good as the guitarist of Godsmack (not a dis against them or you) and they are millions of years from being a virtuoso in the likes of Satch or Vai or McLaughlin or anyone of any genre in instrumental rock. And take out that "you made me cry again. i think i love you" line. It takes away from the song. The guitar isn't all that bad, but the songs are like freaking MIDI. how are you going to sell 30,000 albums full of songs that are made with MIDI backing tracks and rap beats on Windows Sound Recorder in the Instrumental Solo Guitar genre. I'm sorry man, don't invest that much. Maybe 300- that's an awful lot. A good buddy of mine released a CD about 4 years ago and made 1000 copies and was well liked in my town and a few surrounding, and is STILL trying to GIVE away the copies for FREE. You're not bad man, I really don't think you are, but 30,000 copies is beyond unreasonable. Good luck in whatever you do though man.