Thread: Open Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #245
angry armadillo
Supermod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx View Post
Hey guys,

So right now General Discussion isn't any fun for people who aren't in a select clique of 30 or so users. The forum is filled with inside jokes, incredibly weird threads, and hacking, racism, and junk.
well, have you asked any of them? Obviously my pov is skewed from being here so long but I dont think it is _that_ bad being here, compared to being a new member in any other community, every community has its cliques and every clique has its in jokes and whatnot (be it on the internet or real life)

Quote:
1) What kinds of things would you ideally like to discuss here? Should some of the sports/movies forums be returned to here, or do you like the current format?
I like it how it is.

Quote:
2) Should we have a closed discussion forum for selected members?
if mx as a community was much bigger, sure but i think that would kill the forum at its current size

Quote:
3) What makes you post here? Boredom? Entertainment?
bit of both

Quote:
4) How do you propose that we deal with the users that ruin it for everyone else?
you need to get some mods who arent faggots and who will just ban the culprits and their 2nd account, and who wont give any leeway once the trouble makers go to instant messengers, this has been the fundamental problem since the days of plexi, all the mods were too soft and gave people another chance and then another chance.

if you just give the mods the responsibilities to stick by their decisions and ban on sight then sure they will keep circumventing the bans but eventually they will get bored and go cause trouble somewhere else

its really dead simple yet never been done.

Quote:
5) Will re-opening the site forum help to resolve problems?
no the site forum is just a place to give trouble makers leeway into negotiating another chance