View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Seafroggys
Truffula Hugger

"In Odin's Name" Kickstarter!

Hey everyone, I am here to tell you about my biggest project since, well, ever. This is my biggest project ever!

About a year and a half ago I was co-writing an epic rock musical based on Norse mythology, set to a contemporary setting. I found a lyricist and researcher/story writer online, and I would write the music. Earlier this year I tried to produce a stage production but it failed miserably, we only had about 3-4 rehearsals (I'm not a theater guy and my director was a meth-head who didn't know what she was doing either).

Anyway, I've decided to retool and to release a professional album, using professional recording studios (not out of my garage) and professional singers. But this obviously needs funding, and I only have enough spare funds to make something on the quality of my last big project, which didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked.

So, I'm using Kickstarter. I'm sure most people here know what it is, but if you don't, go to www.kickstarter.com and check it out. This has a minimum goal of $3000 to meet. Really any pledge is good, but check out the rewards on the right hand side of the page to let you know what you'll receive when you pledge a certain amount. $20 gets you the digital copy of the album (which is about what you'd pay for it anyway, since its a 90+ minute epic), more gets you some merch, and so on and so forth. So check it out

Btw, I usually hate bumping shit, but I have NO shame in this. I want this to succeed, so I'll remind you peeps every week about this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1772950786/in-odins-name-concept-album-funding