Thread: Sound Off
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #80
Apollyon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx View Post
Apollyon, I think its incredibly misleading to suggest that people posting p*orn pictures of my girlfriend is somehow my fault.

Here's my "welcome to the real world": MusicianForums is my hobby, not my life. Your statements suggest that you think I could spend about 10 hours a day policing the forums and adding all sorts of nifty features for people, pro bono. I go to school, have a life outside of the websites, and do this for fun and not as a job (I don't make any profit). So the whole "it's all your fault because you don't work hard enough" argument is ridiculous and fails to account for the true "real world." It's not my job to clean your guy's diapers, and it's not unreasonable for me to ask for a change. If you were paying me, maybe I'd owe you something, but you're not, not even with ad revenue, which doesn't cover hosting expenses. So pinning it up on me is really a copout.

Maybe if you guys were actually nice and at least somewhat respectful I would be around here more...almost everytime I post I get the opposite. No real incentive to help you guys, eh? Especially when some of the same people who made prank phone calls to my family and mauled pictures of my girlfriend are asking for features and changes! No thanks.
I had nothing to do with any of that. If you want to take that out on me and everyone else then so be it. It isn't just your fault, but you're not free of blame either. Your methods for picking staff members are laughable, your public relations are nearly non-existent, and then you want to sit back and say, "It's all your guys' fault! I did nothing wrong!" It's pretty much a one-sided debate on both sides of the spectrum and no one is ever going to gain any ground with attitudes the way they are right now.

Anyway, thanks for blowing up on me when all I did was reply to your thread with much the same mindset that you seemed to be in when you made it.