View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #1141
Magicaltroll
Majestic.amirite?

Sup, Merakaba?
Remember me? I kinda remember me whoring my Animal Cruelty/Battle Mech Version Of Jesus Christ songs to you over AIM years ago. Times have changed, and I now write, ummm, post-grunge/rock songs? Funky title I know, but point is I don't scream anymore. I sing.

I'm afraid my voice is shit now because of the way I USED to scream, or yell. Constantly, always, live shows and recordings, many takes. And, just being honest, I've had 2 OD's on opiates, to where I needed to have a tube down my throat. Again, twice.

I feel that when I sing lately, my voice cracks in an undesirable way, even for the rough "grungy" sound I'm looking for. Then again, I feel like I've never properly learned how to sing, or warm up. Sometimes I rule when singing, I have a very high voice, almost like Thom Yorke.

So, the questions I have, rephrased, are, do you think my voice could be screwed from the tubes down my throat (scratching or scars, you know)? Or even from smoking heavily? If I continue to smoke, is it practically impossible to sing well, clean?

And, I have some ideas of warmups, but I haven't looked any up online or talked to a teacher of some sort. Should I just hum, or sing, a basic scale? Or do the weird word thing (doh reh blah blah)?

I think my problem is lack of practice and warming up. But I'm also scared I've screwed my voice after years of smoking, screaming, and the other stuff I mentioned. What do you think?

And are you making music lately? Just curious to hear it if you are.

P.s. sorry if I missed the first posts links, I have a crappy phone as my internet lately, so its hell to go to some sites. I appreciate it in advance for a simple reply.

Last edited by Magicaltroll; 10-21-2010 at 12:25 AM.