View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #1143
DestroyHim
The Elder

hey i need some help. to the point:
I seem to always have unwanted buzzing in my voice. it's a high frequency buzzing which can be loud or quiet, but its always there. It feels like mucous sometimes, but sometimes its just uncontrollable vocal fry and I can't feel any mucous there. It always resonates on the left of my vocal tract, which also makes me doubt that its just mucous. I used to fry scream for a couple years so that might have done some damage. If I use that fry technique, I can push my larynx to the right with my hand and get a gritty falsetto sound resonating on the left, but if I push the larynx to the left, I just get a really dull, low frequency choking resonance on my right. Sometimes instead of buzzing I just get a hissing sound airy sound like I don't have full cord closure. I can feel this on the left of my larynx. the problem isn't necessarily that it's uncomfortable to sing (sometimes it is), but because I can't get a clear tone and I get paranoid that my technique is bad.

It basically feels like my left vocal cord is working harder and might even be injured while my right doesn't seem to be pulling its weight. I know that might not be possible because they both need to vibrate to produce a sound, but that's honestly what it feels like. Does this sound like anything you know?

Last edited by DestroyHim; 01-04-2011 at 03:46 PM.