View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
Aus_rock_god
The AnacrusiX Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Moe View Post
Hey guys. I've been interested in singing for a band for a while now. The problem is that none of my friends play instruments (well that's not true, but the ones that do are already tied up with their own music commitments).

How does one find a band to join?

If you are in a band, how did you become part of it? Was it just you and your friends or did you join because they were looking for someone with your talent?
It's all networking dude.

My advice would be to record a few things yourself, get a little demo going, and show it to your musician friends. Even if it's a crappy recording with a drum machine, anything that gives someone an idea of what direction your music is going is good.

If they dig it, they might reccomend some musicians to be in your band.You never know, some of your mates who are already tied up might even want to join if their bands end up splitting (which most bands eventually do, nothing lasts forever, unless you're Metallica).

Even if it's you and another guy, you still have every right to call it a band. That's how it all starts dude.

My first band was just me and another guy. My second I formed with two friends at school and a revolving door of drummers.

My current band was formed after my last band split, and sort of just popped out of the ground by jamming with people I knew.