Thread: Sound Off
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #85
Apollyon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx View Post
I'm not taking it out on you, I'm just pointing out the reasons why the administrator is disillusioned. Would you honestly feel inclined to help out more if things like that happened to you when you were trying to help? It's not like I see pron pictures and all of a sudden get thrilled at posting in the pit.
Hey man, I think it was way over the top too. I'm not disagreeing with you. I mean, if you really think that going completely Hitler on this place is going to improve it, or that it's even worth the effort to go to that extent, then by all means, go for it. I like to think that I'm an alright member here anymore, so I'm not too worried about doing anything that will get me banned.

All I'm suggesting is that you approach the situation from multiple levels. The staff, the board set-up, the user/moderator interaction and moderator duty execution - don't just take one course of action and be pissed off and disappointed if it doesn't work the way you hoped. If this place is too hard to administrate by yourself, then by all means get another admin. But really pay attention to who the users would like to see in that spot. There are a ton of ways to improve this place, but all of them involve making decisions with the community.