View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #63
Merkaba
Play-Dough and Rug Hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifeboy
Doing vocal excersizes while running.. will this help me improve my ability to sustain a note? And my overall singing stamina?
I've done it before....not that much...I dont think it really helped me all that much. It does warm you up though, just to jog by itself. I would be too concentrated on the nature going on around me, and would always sing afterwards.

I dont really know...the key is that you usually increase diaphragm endurance...and lung efficiency and lung capacity of course by jogging/exercise. THat translates into longer possible notes, stronger possible notes.

If you do, be careful because it seems too easy to strain or grunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Red_Death
Alright... I've been trying to teach myself how to sing lately. I can't afford lessons, and definently won't be able to for quite some time. I've been having some problems...

One, whenever I sing, it sounds weak, and every time I record it and play it back, it sounds like I'm continually holding back, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to stop that. I have range, I just can't use it, becuase it always sounds weak and shaky.

Two, whenever I try to scream, it's like my voice just locks up and no sound comes out at all. It's rather annoying. Especially considering I've wanted to be a singer for as long as I can remember. What can I say, I'm an attention whore.

Thanks for your help.

go here http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219911

Last edited by Merkaba; 08-10-2005 at 05:54 PM.