View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:59 AM   #19
Merkaba
Play-Dough and Rug Hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Science
SORRY! I just want to hear what you guys have seen!
If youre serious I would say take lessons. Its hard to increase pitch safely if you dont know what youre doing. I dont know of any software or dvds. You have to understand how to isolate your cords from your throat muscles so you dont try to pull your throat more as youre pulling the cords. When youre at your highest notes its a bltch to stay isolated. In my voicehelp hotline I have a few tips. Check it out if you havent already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitHardDrums55
tell him to stop bein a bitch and sing

or record him and force him to listen to it while he's tied to a chair
Yea. Its like saying you want to be a pilot but youre afraid of heights. Or does he just think its cool to be in a band and maybe he can handle it when he's a star. Whats his deal? What does he want to do? Can he sing? if he can let him know it, record it, and play it to him, compare it to others. If he cant sing, then he needs to practice a ton. People who know they can sing well dont really get much stage fright. And when they do...all they have to do is remember what it is they want to do, what it is they know and can already do, and maybe take some relaxing deep breaths and meditate or stretch if its showtime. Other than that, its time to sit on a couch and talk to a therapist.