Thread: Open Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #83
Iscariot
Team Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx View Post
So right now General Discussion isn't any fun for people who aren't in a select clique of 30 or so users. The forum is filled with inside jokes, incredibly weird threads, and hacking, racism, and junk.
inside jokes, weird threads, light racism (it's all in good fun and no one has really been offended as far as i know, though dei would probably attest otherwise) and junk have always been a part of the pit

the hacking bit yeah that's not cool

Quote:
Quite honestly, I don't want to keep a forum like this. I think the site would be better off without it. But rather than deleting it entirely, which I am tempted to do, I'd like to open up the discussion.
deleting it won't do anyone any good remember last time the pit was deleted and everyone just spammed classifieds instead?

Quote:
1) What kinds of things would you ideally like to discuss here? Should some of the sports/movies forums be returned to here, or do you like the current format?
it should be left as is but problem users should not be allowed to run the forum the way they have

don't you have more resources available now that sputnikmusic belongs to musicnotes? can't you get someone in this new circle to do something about the vulnerabilities that keep being exploited?

Quote:
2) Should we have a closed discussion forum for selected members?
no that's just ridiculous

Quote:
3) What makes you post here? Boredom? Entertainment?
both

Quote:
4) How do you propose that we deal with the users that ruin it for everyone else?
by doing something rather than nothing that would be a good start

banning people for hijacking accounts and screwing with the site instead of rewarding them would be an even better idea

Quote:
5) Will re-opening the site forum help to resolve problems?
yes yes yes yes yes

Quote:
-----------------------------------------
Note: I know that certain users will jump on the opportunity to insult me, the mods, and fill this thread with swears, lewd pictures, and the like. If this happens this thread will be deleted and the general discussion forum will be in danger of closing. This is not a soap opera, or a playground, I want your honest input.
don't delete the thread just delete the problem posts that's not hard there are how many moderators in here and they don't do enough work as it is