View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #9
Jersey's Best Dancer
Let's fkin dance

In order:

Flogging Molly - Swagger A clash of Ireland's folk music and brute punk rock, it is an album that is very enjoyable. From the fast songs like Salty Dog and Devil's Dance Floor, to the great flok songs like The Worst Day SInce Yesterday and These Exiled Years.
Best Songs: Salty Dog, Selfish Man, The Like of You Again, Devil's Dance Floor

Dropkick Murphys - The Gang's All Here The first album with Al Barr doing lead vocals and he didn't dissapoint. It is a fast and energetic album were you just get a little taste of the irish influences they use later on down the line. This is definently a classic punk rock album from DKM along with Do or Die,
Best Songs: Pipebomb on Lansdowne, Curse of a Fallen Soul, The Fighting 69th, The Gang's All Here

Mad Caddies - Duck and Cover The caddies second release that fuses the most punk into their ska "dance anthems" then any other album. It starts off w/ the classic Road Rash ska song then right into a hard skacore song. This album is probably best know for its AMAZING horn line in the song Monkeys. If you play the trumpet or trombone, you should worship this song.
Best Songs: Road Rash, Macho Nachos, Monkeys, apathetic, Medium Unwell

Rancid - Let's Go! This album is one ofthe few albums I have that every song is fast, catchy and makes you wanna break stuff at the same time. It got me hooked right from when I heard Nihilism until 7 Years Down. A must have for fun, fast punk lovers.
Best Songs: Nihilism, Let's Go, Ghetto Box, St. Mary, International Cover Up

Tiger Army - S/T The band that intraduced me to Psychobilly. This is a great disply of punk, psychobilly and rockabilly. It starts of with an energetic prelude and then kicks into Nocturnal, which has a schweet bass line. A stand out song is Twenty Flight Rock because it is an actual rockabilly song and is an extremely fun song to hear live.
Best Songs: Nocturnal, Never Die, Twenty Flight Rock, Werecat

The Briggs - Numbers This album is amazing and it's the only one I recommend that everyone get. It starts of with a crazy anthem song which makes you want to pump your fist and sing along. Then there is a lot of good Oi! punk songs. Not one dissapoints. They have a celtic-Oi! song called Dead Men (Don't Tell Tales) which is a great song, especially by an Oi! band.
Best Songs: The whole album, but the Bestest are: 3rd World War, Media Control, Face Off, Red Alert, Head Shrink Dead Shrink

Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute A classic medolic hardcore album. It ranges from pop punk to "in your face" hardcore. It is an album that most punk fans could enjoy. It's transitions from hardcore to punk throughout the album keeps you intune with whats playing, not just like every song rolls into the next
Best Songs: Dead Ringer, Last Chance Blueprint, Torches, To the Core

Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb I don't really need to explain this album. Everyone knows how great they are. Their mix of ska and punk is like Keasby Nights with a twist. A great ska album that every ska fan should have.
Best Songs: Everything Went Numb, Point/Counterpoint, We are the Few, A moment of Violence

Street Dogs - Back To the World The 2nd album from former DKM front man Mike McColgan. You hear a little DKM in the album, but it is truly a new sound from them. From union songs to songs about drinking, this album is a fun album to listen to and a great band live.
Best Songs: Strike A Blow, In Defense of Dorchester, Drink Tonight, Hands Down

Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards - Viking If you haven't heard them before, you might think it'sa Rancid spin-off, but it a totally different feel. I would call it "Motorcycle Punk" cause if that was a genre, this would fit nice. It starts off with 3 really fast songs and then goes into 1%, which is a great song. The last song on the cd is called The Viking, which is about Lars and his life.
Best Songs - Skins Punx and Drunx, Fight, Switchblade, The Kids are Quiet on Sharmon Palms, Streetwise Professor