View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 06:28 PM   #26
cobert
party hard ∞

Here it goes....

10. Green Day- Dookie
Back in 1994/1995, i had a very, very limited mind when it came to music. Actually, i didnt know any bands names or any song titles, i just knew a fwe songs that i liked. I discovered not to long after that most of them were frmo this CD. Dookie was the album that got me into music in the first place, so i hold this in a special place.

Best Track- Having a Blast

9.Brand New- Deja Entendu
I didnt like Your favorite weapon. It was mostly boring, save a few tracks. But with Deja Entendu, Brand new Grew up and made a great album, filled with emotion. As soon as i first heard 'im sinking like a stone in the sea', i knew this album would be different. Soon enough, i was filled with pansy-juice after hearing such sad songs like guernica and mellowed out acoustic songs like "Play crack the sky".

Best Track- Sic Transit Gloria....Glroy Fades

8.The Mars Volta- Frances the Mute
Ive never been to big on overly wierd music, but the mars volta have found some way to get into my head. This is the perfect album for long drives....everything except the radio-friendly "the widow" is over 10 minutes long. The cryptic lyrics and rbitching guitar work keeps me coming back trying to find out what the **** cedric and omar were thinking when they came up with this stuff.

Best Track- l'via l'viaquez

7.Thursday- Waiting
This CD was a sign of greater things to come. Though only 9 songs, they were almost all good in one way or the other, from the catchy "Ian Curtis" to the depressing, haunting song about suicide, "Porcelain".

Best Track- Porcelain, or streaks in the sky.

6. The Mars Volta- De-loused In the Comatorium
This is the CD that got me into the mars volta. Actually, i first discovered them through ATD-I, then i got the song "televators" and needed more. I went out and immediately ordered this from my record store, and I wasnt dissapointed. The buildup through "Son et lumiere" bursts into "Inertiac ESP', and the album is non-stop awesome, up until the greatest closing track ever made...."Take the Veil....Cerpin Taxt".

Best Track- Take the Veil....Cerpin Taxt

5. At the Drive-In- Relationship of Command
This is an instant classic. From the first time i downloaded "One Armed Scissor" i loved it. ROC finds harmony between rhythm and pure chaos (rhythm would later become sparta, and chaos the mars volta). Songs such as the eerie "Invalid Litter Department" and the spaz-tastic "Arcarsenal" are great, and "Quarantined" has one of the best intros ive ever heard.

Best Track- Pattern Against User

4.Coheed and Cambria- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
A phone ringing followed by footsteps and a womans voice answering with "hello"....and so it began. IKSOSE:3 is an epic albu in every respect. After the phone is answered, a short orchestral piece plays, leading into the classic 8-title track. From there, the album ranges from dark and heavy (The camper velorium III: Al the Killer) to poppy and fun (Blood Red Summer, Three Evils), and closes with coheeds only song that oculd be considered a "slow song", titled 'the light and the glass'.

Best Track- The Crowing

3.Thursday- Full collapse
This album is near perfection. Thursday have displayed their evolution since the album "waiting", and that they have mastered the art of dueling guitars. The guitars are so perfectly layered, in fact, the album almost seems as if it was recorded underwater. Every line of lyrics seems like it could go beneath some myspace-whores scene picture, which sounds like an insult, but honestly....theyre amazing. The verse to "Cross out the eyes" ('We can rise, on the wings of the dove....') is always ringing in my ears, and the chant of "Im falling down" at the end of 'How long is the night?' gives me goosebumps. The surprising thing is....ive never heard anything from this band when i bought this album, it was just out of curiosity.

Best Track- I honestly cant pick, every song is equally awesome.

2.Coheed and Cambria- The Second Stage Turbine Blade
Back in 2003, me and my sister both had the chorus to 'A Favor House Atlantic' ringing in our heads while on the way to the mall. Me and my mom left her to go buy the album, and its name was still unclear to us. We got back in the car, turned it on....and were both dissapointed. No 'bye bye beaitiful' or 'good eye sniper' sounding songs. At home, i took the album and gave it a shot. It began with a semi-boring piano piece, then going into a lame-a'ss blues-esque guitar piece and high-pitched singing.. Later in the album, i heard terrible, terrible screaming in 'Hearshot Kid Disaster', and more lameness in an attempt to be heavy in the song "neverender". Right after i had to hear another piano piece at the end of the way-too-long fadeout to "Godsend Conspirator", i went downstairs and poured a huge glass of Dr. Pepper (best drink ever made), and sat down and started to watch a hill-billy filled episode of cops. Then it dawned on me.....'Holy S'hit, that album was awesome'.

Best Track- 33, or Time Consumer

Heres the big one

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

1.Taking Back Sunday- Tell All Your Friends
Beautiful. Its just Beautiful. Every song is perfectly written, the vocals are perfect, the bridges are amazing, and....i dont even know where im going with this. This album is mind-blowingly good. It has the perfect blend of pop and the new-age emo, a genre it helped popularize (In the process bringing in tons of retarded scenesters and tons of clones). It makes me feel so happy and somewhat depressed all at once with songs that start out slow and have absolutely chaotic train-wreck endings, like "Timberwolves At New Jersey" or "Ghost Man on Third", not to mention just about every breakdown in any TBS song is insanely catchy. Actually, forget me calling 'Take the Veil' by the mars volta the best album-ender ever, "Head Club" fromt his album ties it, maybe it even beats it. Tell All Your Friends is what formed my taste in music, and is the reason i bought every album i buy anymore, which is something im very thankful for.

Best Track- Great Romances of the 20th century OR cute without the 'e' OR Timberwolves at New jersey.

I had trouble putting IKSOSE all the way back at 4th.

Last edited by cobert; 07-04-2005 at 07:02 PM.