View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #47
Slipknotmxr24
MyFULL STACK >ur combo...

heres for everyone looking for pedals and confused by all the different replies. ive read hundreds of threads and replies from different forums on distortion pedals looking for an answer, which i found out myself was useless. what sounds good to one person will sound like crap to another.
my equipment...Epi LP Standard w/ tuning either 1/2 step down or CGCFAD.
Marshall AVT150 halfstack full treble, mid set to 5 and bass set to 6. i bought a DOD Death metal pedal and the Digitech RP100A multi-effect unit.ive been looking for a vintage 70's KISS sound but also more modern like metallica or even heavier lamb of god sound. now youl never find all these sounds in 1, which helps to have a muli-effect unit.when i have it set on artist preset 37 i have vintage kiss. when i have it on factory 16 its a modern metal like slipknot or lamb of god sound.
i got the digitech just for chorus,flange,delay,etc. to add to my songs and change things up. i was messing with teh settings the other night exhousted from searching for the right pedal when i messed with the digitech more and found the perfect sound all the sudden. now i thought-wait its gona be too digital sounding like everyone said. but for me it works perfect and im glad i didnt spend hundreds on other pedals. i tried many types at guitar center but never got what i was lookign for till now.
my point is if your looking for an answer here...forget it. just keep trying different types and maybe instead of changing pedals change your tuning or maybe look at the way your playing, cus like i said what sounds great to one person may sound like crap to someone else.
Slipknotmxr24 is offline   Reply With Quote