View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #12
coheneran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikikdababy
I've heard several times in the past that it's a real thing that real people actually believe so I got curious. It blew my mind at first...

There's some good information at [URL="http://www.nizkor.org"]www.nizkor.org[/url] which is actually an anti-holocaust denier site, but they have a lot of primary d0cuments straight from the horse's mouth.

Some of their claims make a little sense due to the fact that they are rooted in logic, for example:

"Nazis did not use cremation ovens to dispose of extermination victims. The amount of energy required to fire the ovens far exceeded what the energy-strapped nation could spare in wartime. The cremation ovens that existed would have been too small for this purpose and the reason there were cremation ovens at all was they were put in to provide cremation services for the deaths from natural causes and disease epidemics that could reasonably be expected in a high-density work camp. "

But most of them are the clear result of explaining away the evidence that it happened.

All the pictures and stories of survivors? Propaganda.

All the gas chambers? Not instruments of death. They were for delousing... with zyklon-B.

Why don't any significant historians corroborate Holocaust denial? Fear of course.

Reading some of this stuff is tough. It really does incite a frustration to the point of violence. I want to grab these people and just shake them until they quit it.
I know what you mean. That's how I was feeling in the Palestine&Israel thread with DBR. It's how I feel with most eloquent fascists/racists/fundamentalists etc..

As for this "evidence", well, they can twist the facts around all they want, but personal accounts mean more than what the can says Zyklon B should be used for.