Thread: Beat your kids!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #20
DBoons Ghost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdioticJester
I don't think he means beating girls for accidently letting their skirts go too high or beating a guy for coughing in the middle of a test, or whatever ridiculous things Catholic school beats you for. Just kids who are plain defiant jerks.
Define for us "defiance" and from what social malfunction it stems from and therein lies your answer. Lack of attention? My defiance in school and at home came from lots of stuff, most of which is very personal to me, but there it is all the same. I was a violent rude obnoxious little bastard in both grammar school and high school. I had to learn for myself though, and lucky for me it was early enough to make a change. I didn't get smacked for coughing or dress codes though. That much I can tell you.

It's a double edged sword if you look too deeply into it. Both parents working their butts off trying to make a better life for themselves and their families means less hands on parenting. You cannot rely on your local government and local community to parent for you, like it used to be in the old days. Now? If an adult decides to discipline a child in the community he gets sued, or shot by the kid. No one wants to die over someone else's child. Nor get sued. It aint worth it anymore. Everyone's lookin for that quick cash in. Or some other form of recognition.

Things are out of hand though. Too many kids are throwing their lives away just to get a rep. I've never seen so many young people so willing to throw their lives away simply so they can be remembered for some idiotic reputation or some form of respect or street cred. Kids want to get shot. They want scars. They want to get killed and have other people remember them as a thug or rough kid. That's insane, but that's what it's come to.