Thread: Anarchism
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #12
Volumnius Flush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbla00 View Post
Are you fucking stupid or is it some bizarre aesthetic theory that you're presenting in here? Honestly, I can't believe that someone may write a post that long with so little sense.
I live in a world of theory. I would deign to come down to your level, but I'd rather opt to stay where I am.

Quote:
1. " I don't buy music to hear someone talk to me about their idiotic beliefs."- Why do you buy it then? Music, if understood as a complete work (with lyrics being part of it), to be valued should contain some message. If there is no reflection on whatever the topic may be, I don't find it worthwhile at all. Of course if it's only instrumental the case is different, but that is exactly why I narrowed down the genres we can deliberate upon in this thread.
Wow, you must really not like Beethoven, or Bach (Bacccchchhe because I'm a pretentious fuck), or Schöp, or Handel, or Telemann. Music as a complete work? These lack lyrics so they're incomplete works. Thank you for clearing this up.

Quote:
2. "Who said anything about art?" - Well, if the use of "art" instead of the "arts" mislead you, I will try to be more careful when talking with you. But looking at the very definitions of both words, I made no mistake whatsoever.
Let's retrace our steps, student. I was talking about politics in music which I think actually distracts from the musician's job of creating a great piece of work. You raised the topic of art, like I would extend this to writing, painting, basket weaving, and the other varied disciplines subsumed under the title art. That's not necessarily a bad mistake but one many people would have made but, when I read a political book I'm looking for politics. When I'm reading a history book I don't want politics. And when I'm listening to a piece of music I'm listening for a compelling melody and secondarily I appreciate having something to think about. "Eat the rich" doesn't give me anything to think about, it just says to me that the writer wants me to agree with him uncritically and that he's a sad piece of shit who's jealous of other people and unhappy with himself.

Quote:
3. "They're all liberal anyway." and "A revolution would run them out of their houses and to the guillotines frankly, they're bourgeois scum. " Gosh, we have a political thinker in here! Please, before killing the affluent, test the guillotine on yourself. That way you will save some suffering to the mentioned.
Your delivery failed. I'm sensing sarcasm here, but I think you just fundamentally misunderstood me. I'm saying these revolutionary artists are not really revolutionary, they're rote and conformist. Whining about what you see as wrong in the world is as old as whining itself practically. What's not old is most of these people are young and lack life experience and just don't know what they're talking about. And when you study revolutions, they're vacuums that are often premised on a theory of human rights but the vacuum is quickly filled with a totalitarian dictatorship. What was different about the American founding is it was founded on an explicitly theistic grounds that acknowledge men as endowed by rights by their Creator, which were unalienable to any government, and which preceded the state and were natural. The French revolution failed because it was a secular revolution that believed in the power of the government to endow those rights. And the music makers today are not deists or believers in God, they are secular atheists who have no idea what it takes to build a society.

Quote:
4. "I saw B-Real, Chuck D, Tim C., Tom Morello, and Brad Wilk on one of the late night shows the other night and it was total horse shit. These old guys don't even know that they are fossils of the past and time has left them. " - I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
You must be a millennial. B-Real, Cypress Hill, Chuck D., Public Enemy number one? No Telemann, no Public Enemy. You're a real bore.

Quote:
5. "ghosts of dead liberalism" - So is it liberalism that is dead or they are dead? The logical structure of this sentence does not exist, really.
I know. Modifiers are so hard. I mean what is an adjective? It must be a microaggression because it discriminates against those lacking a basic knowledge of grammar. Actually I think adjectives are racist and to accommodate the minorities in our society who come from societies with single digit literacy rates I think we should resort to a simple subject-verb sentence structure. In fact, everything should be said like Tarzan in the movies.

Me want anarchy music! Me want music with lyrics! Me no like music without lyrics!

Ghosts or dead liberalism, that is a kind of liberalism which is dead. Unfortunately other varieties are still living and trying to kill us.

Quote:
6. "is thread has nothing to do with global warming Chuck so it seems it's above your paygrade. Stop being such a queer and maybe people will like you here." - Well, I don't know any of you, but it's you not chuck that started being offensive and somehow obnoxious with his aesthetic and political standing.
I'll let this slide because, frankly, you can't begin to understand what a cumbersome little bitch Chuck has been for almost the last fifteen years. He's a snide little weasel that likes to shit on people all over the forum and thinks it makes him cool. He's a Canadian basically. They actually pretend to be a lot better than us even though they genocided their Indians (they hide this ugly part of their history) whereas we just coughed on ours, and because they had such wimpy little fragile constitutions they immediately took ill and died. And now we still have to listen to this bullshit four hundred years later.

Quote:
7. "Anarchists on the other hand are pretentious in their beliefs " no comment, I've wasted enough of my time talking to you
Well damn. You should have put this under number one so I wouldn't have had to type a three thousand word response. I literally just read this comment and realize now how I have erred. Apologies.

Quote:
8. Chuck, what does "vf" mean?
Very Fantastic Volumnius Flush, at your service
Volumnius Flush is offline   Reply With Quote