View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
Oz Rembrandt
MX Boogyman

1. From Here to Infirmary - The Alkaline Trio
My Introduction to the Mighty Trio, and this album firmly cemented them as my Favourite band of all time. Dark, Angry and beautiful.
Fav Songs: Mr. Chainsaw, Another Innocent Girl, Hell Yes

2. 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours - Green Day
Raw, and full of young excited energy, Green Day's first album still send a shiver up my my spine to this day, I love the sound of the poor mixing.
Fav Songs: Green Day, Paper Lanterns, Dry Ice

3. Static Age - The Misfits
Dark, Dark album, and back in Danzig days. This is an album that has changed my life.
Fav Songs: Last Caress, Return of Fly, Bullet

4. Sing the Sorrow - afi
Melancholy is how I see this album. Its beautifully constructed, musical genius and lyrically genius. This album brought the band to my attention.
Fav Songs: Bleed Black, Girls Not Grey, Dancing Through Sunday

5. Everything Sucks - The Descendents
This is true pop-punk. Songs about not wanting to grow up, and loving your best friend, its sheer teen angst genius. Fantastic bassplaying too.
Fav Songs: I'm The One, When I get Old

6. Pinkerton - Weezer
The Nerds got Darker! This album has so much emotion of teen life and breakup romances, backed with musical genius. I love it.
Fav Songs: Why Bother?, The Good Life, El Scorcho

7. ...and Out Come the Wolves - Rancid
My favourite album by this band, I love everything about it. The shouting, the lyrics of Dispear and boredom, the bass playing! Its all good.
Fav Songs: Maxwell Murder, Time Bomb, Olympia WA

8. Goddammit! - The Alkaline Trio
Gritty, less dramatic than later offerings, this album speak more about real life than later ones. Dan's Bass sounds gorgeous.
Fav Songs: Nose Over Tail, Southern Rock, Trouble Breathing

9. Staring at the Sea - The Cure
Beautiful, lyrical genius. Robert Smith's vocals are truly haunting, and the basslines are flowing and intresting, yet simple.
Fav Songs: Boys Don't Cry, The Lovecats, Jumping Someone Else's Train

10. Nimrod - Green Day
Their most talented album to date in my opinion, Billies songwrighting is at its most mature, and the bands playing is at its peak.
Fav Songs: Nice Guys Finish Last, Scattered, Worry Rock