View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #25
Vinnie's Ice Cream
You want some ice cream!?

Probably not in a condo either, assuming it has no basement and at least 1 common wall.
Though you never know, layout and design could grant you a far away room good enough for the purpose.

In all cases building a home studio is not going to be cheap. I've been stock piling items for my studio for years and years. From chords to mics, to books on engineering, acoustic foam, guitars, drums, amps, etc
It takes no small amount of money to have even a moderate selection of instruments and tools for recording.
I just bought some more mics actually, but again, they'll just sit in their cases until the "studio" is finished.. probably 2-3 years from now. It was a great deal on something I knew I would will want later.

We're going to be buying a house pretty soon as well. With an eye on homes with larger basements to suit my purposes.
I've stock piled quite a bit of info on construction, layout, sound treatment, wall angling, control room setups, etc

Very much a long term project for me. But the goal is to have a place to practice, record and write music 24/7, in my own home, with everything I need and ideally, not even wake the misses.

But again, look into lockouts, they generally run about $1/sq ft.