View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #31
Vinnie's Ice Cream
You want some ice cream!?

Assuredly the sound in that video is not doctored. Yamaha and Remo have been VERY explicit about that. You can hear the bleed, stick sound. It's all there. Keep in mind the player and tuning make a huge difference.
But the real kicker is - they just don't need to doctor sound. They make products that truly sound THAT good.

There are LOTS of videos of the PHX's on youtube, from amateur concert shots to in studio - they all sound amazing.

Here's a great player named Steve Holmes, playing his PHX's. Raw sound off the mics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNbHcGVTW0&feature=plcp&context=C4ea4c5bV DvjVQa1PpcFPLzI-O3lBlSh5JftMa5ATvZHU74qTDSzM%3D

It just is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tard View Post
Sorry, my bad, I have not followed the Yamaha lines as of late and was assuming that the MCA's were still their top shelf kit. That being said there is still no way prove that the phx kit was all natural sounding, which I highly doubt, even if there was no reverb or delay added they still would have been eq'd and made crisp and clean after running thru the board since they were individually mic'ed.
Haha who needs to do their homework now? MCA's were phased out a LONG time ago....

Hahahha pretty funny stuff. I didn't read any of that ranting either. But I'm sure it's rather entertaining!

Last edited by Vinnie's Ice Cream; 04-22-2012 at 05:28 PM.