View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #41
tard
The Ugly Duckling

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, your the one with the problem.

Your comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie's Ice Cream View Post
Still a silly head choice for showing off your fancy product.
My reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tard View Post
I dont see how wanting to test them to see which head will sound the best on their drums is silly considering how much different heads can add or subtract from the sound.
Your comment had nothing to do with A/B testing drums, so Yeh, really too fucking funny. As always , you trying to back pedal after getting proved wrong yet again...lol

BTW I forgot to mention earlier that the favorite heads that Whitney drum company tested was Aquarian, funny that all the radial type drum companies seem to lean toward Aquarian, even the Peavey's came with them, and I doubt its a coincidence, I mean assembly line drums come with whatever they can get the best deal on knowing people will change them to their fav head anyway but these custom/boutique companies would want them going out sounding the very best they can make them regardless of the difference in price of a head, right?

As for the A/B testing comment my reply to that was my experience A/B testing DW, Pearl masters and Yamaha MCA against the radials in 1999.

As for your ply PHX yes they sound very good and are somewhat close to the sound that a 19 year old ply Radial design gets (just imagine how good that PHX shell would sound with no holes or mounts or stress) but neither are going to hold a candle to the sound the stave and steam bent shell Gurus will get. Come on now, apples to apples , oranges to oranges, your trying to compare a Chevy to a Ferrari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerPro1000 View Post
Man I like these drum too
I agree the RIMS mounts are the best but I do like the World max floor tom mounts !
Me too, I put a worldmax 3 leg cradle on my 16, the alloy Guager's are too expensive and didnt match the old ones. I think Guager decided to patent the new alloy "RIMS" mount and drop the old ones considering there are about 4 or 5 different companies that make the chrome ones now.

Last edited by tard; 09-26-2012 at 07:59 AM.