Old 11-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #70
DBoons Ghost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
"This place was"
"Jeremy was"
"There was a time"

No offense man, because you know I respect you and your opinions on here, but you've been here since 2001. You've been here only two years longer than I have and you make it sound like this place was a paradise and I know that it sure as hell wasn't when I signed up. If the forums went downhill that fast, in just a couple of years, that suggests that the staff is doing something wrong to provoke negative changes.
I take no offense, as I trust your opinion and respect you as well bro, and you know that. I just think everyone was a lot "closer" knit, and it was less of a spamming flamefest and more of building a good place for discussion.

However, as far as popularity, the place blew up and got a lot more popular. It was never a paradise persay, but we had this place under lock and key. We didn't have too many issues with hackers, because the spam wars were kept in check because of good moderation and excellent communication among the staff at the time. Hacking was never a problem for us until certain users, who oddly enough are more or less still members. What happened to permabanning people? Criteria has also changed apparently for picking new mods. Popularity overruled sensability.