Thread: Beat your kids!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
The Profit of Maine
Applied Hippy Ethics

Beat your kids!

I've been thinking lately that corporal punishment needs to be reinstituted in schools and that a little slapping around of your kid is a good thing in moderation. First off, Corporal punishment is the infliction of pain intended as correction or punishment. Maybe I'm generalizing this too much, but the kids now in Middle and High school in America (and I think this has applied to England for at least ten years with "hoodlums" and whatnot) have lost all respect for their elders. Kids think it's hilarious when they go around in gangs and beat up lone people (stupid chavs) or curse out their teacher for some stupid reason or other. I think we need to remind them of their own mortality.

When I say "we," I of course only mean DBoon, but still, kids are getting more and more defiant for the dumbest reasons nowadays. I certainly have no way of knowing if it's only nowadays, but that's in your court to argue against me. But I sincerely believe that the teenage trust in their own immortality has made them unnecessarily disrespectful to their elders on multiple levels. If they were reminded of the physical power their elders have then social nuances and its hierarchy would be implied.

I haven't researched this, but you can at www.corpun.com and probably other sites.

What do you think?