Old 05-02-2004, 06:13 AM   #1
jonty
www.nospaceleft.tk

Squier Affinity Series Strat

Make- Squier

Made- Korea i think

Price- £140

Body- Alder

I got this guitar at Christmas time so i can give a review on its first 5 months.

Sound- The Neck Pickup is warm when treble is turned up to the top but without the treble sounds all muffled and too bassy. Soudns good for soloing with reverb on clean,

The middle pickup same again needs all the treble turned up and produces a nice clean sound not too good distoreted.

The bridge singlecoil is surprising good it packs quite and aggressive tone when distoreted bit too twangy in clean but its useable.

In the 2 and 4 positions the sound isnt too good doesnt really give a balanced sound but thats IMO.

Feel:

The neck on this guitar is pretty slim and has a nice feel to it easy to play chords and you can move up and down the fretboard with ease. The strings that come with it wont go too well if you take your guitar down a few steps as they start to rattle but that can be fixed easily.

Im not gonna comment on the overall action cos everyone likes theres in there own way.

For the price its better than the even lower end squers e.g. the horizen modles and the bullets and personally i think that for the money you pay you get a good guitar.

I have replaced the pickgaurd from the basic stock white one now to like a red tortoise shell one now and it looks a lot better so with a few twaks you can really imporve the overall look.

So far it hasnt faulted ive been playng acoustic for a while so i know if somethings wrong. Ive dropped it incidently a few times but it was survived and has altered its performance.

Overall then its a great entry level guitar and even if you wanna get your hands on a strat for the first time its worth a try.

And for anyone who wants to be cocky by comparing it to there gibson or PRS which costs at least 10 times as much as this then dont bother cos there in differnt leagues!!
jonty is offline   Reply With Quote