View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 09:36 AM   #42
Luxor
Against Automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk
lol dont get hostile (unless you really are just 14 then ill understand)

my point is, i play guitar (and a few other instruments) and i have grown an appreciation for well done, thought out music. but to the point, my friend is very much into all these "Core" bands, (made me download that am/pm song by her favorite band american nightmare) and i just sat here listening to it like wow, this sucks.

i guess im being hypocritical, i probably would have loved music like this when i was little because its all obnoxious and ****, but i dunno, its not really music and its pretty silly when people compare openly non melodic "noise" to music.

i suggest you guys check out a few bands like Godspeed or Mogwai, Explosions in the sky, Mum, and A silver mount zion, they are whats called "post rock" or "advanced", very melodic, listening to Godspeed and listening to am/pm by american nightmare, the contrast between beauty melody and progressiveness and the blandness and noise of am/pm, is just awe inspiring.
I listen to all the "core" bands, and Godspeed, Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky.