View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #28
Plan B.
dave weckls mullet

i used both methods, i started off using the wet cymbal after the dishwasher soap, and it gave it a very good general clean. but then i found that to really get most of the finger oil/stick marks off of the cymbal i had to go for a completely dry clean after that using just the sabian cymbal cleaner and letting it sit for a bit after gently working it in.

this was only because the cymbals i was cleaning were VERY dirty brilliant finish cymbals that are like 2 years old and have never been cleaned.

for a regular cleaner you could probalby skip the bare cymbal cleaner and just do the water/cleaner every 3 or 6 months if you're really anal about them.

The Logo's i found ever with the pure cymbal cleaner were not noticably touched AT ALL. i was worried about them but i just used a little bit less pressure when scrubbing them with the cloth and that seemed to keep them perfectly intact. obviously getting outta hand with the cymbal acid on the logo's will remove them but i've found with a the silghtest bit of care anyone can avoid removing them.

Side note i used the Sabian cymbal cleaner on 4 brialliant finish cymbals, both my sabian and zildjian cymbals. so that cleaner will work on any cymbal, however i did not try it on any traditional finish cymbals, so i can't comment on that, but it does wonders on the brilliants.
Plan B. is offline   Reply With Quote