View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 01:55 AM   #1
apromisingyear

***ITT: I Get Engaged To The Greatest Woman In The World***

Tonight (technically last night it's 12:38AM right now) I proposed to my girlfriend, Jessica.

Lets start by the beginning of the day...

I woke up, got coffee went outside and had a cigarette.

Cleaned the house a bit

Practiced guitar for a few hours

Looked at my enrollment sheet and a book of classes availiable for the college i'm going to be attending this fall. (I need to have that in within the next couple days)

I then was on the phone with Jessica helping her through her enrollment this fall.

Then um...more guitar practice and I mellowed myself out to Incubus' "Make Yourself"

She came over, we talked, we walked, held hands, the whole nine. After wards we went out and got a bite to eat. Afterwords we checked out the downtown area to see what was going on tonight. As we returned to my house I gave her my lip ring (I took out my lip ring last night and she'll be getting her upper ear area pierced and she'll be wearing mine...sentimental thing). I reminded her to boil it on the stove for a couple hours before using it.

HERE'S THE GOOD PART: (and point of the thread)

She were about to leave my house tonight and as we were saying our good-byes next to her car. As she got in the seat and we had one last hug/kiss I decided that I couldn't wait any longer to "pop the question". I was going to wait until our Anniversary (its only a week away) but I just couldn't hold back anymore.

So...

I asked her to get out of the car, I pulled her away from the car and I just started reflecting on everything we've went through to make it to this point and how much I love her, care about her and what not. I got on one knee (somewhere during this conversation/speech and continued. As I came to the end of it I asked, "Jessica ******** *****, will you marry me?" She said, "yes, yes I will" with tears flowing down both sides of her face.

As I got to her middle name (during the proposal) she took a huge breathe and her eyes teared up. By the time I got to the "marry me" part of the question they were coming down by the bucket load. I was touching.

So, we're engaged!

Reactions? Questions? Comments?

Are you (or planning to be) engaged?

Cheers

EDIT: in the sentence where I quote myself about what I said when I asked her to marry me...the "***" is her middle and last name. Its not safe to post whole names on the net you know??? (just to avoid and confusion)

Last edited by apromisingyear; 08-27-2005 at 01:57 AM.