View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #50
HereticX
100% Jesus approved Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticX
Hey man, I hate to be the party pooper but the plan kinda sucks...

The best course of action would be to outsource all the production to a company that does CD print/sleeve printing. You will probably get a much better deal this way. At the end of the day, if the CD is not silver on the underside noone will consider it a proper album

For a project of this size, you need to secure channels of distribution. Make contact with distribution companies at the countries you want to target. Turn talk into contracts and THEN estimate the projected sales for each country.

You need some sort of marketing plan. Press kits, the actual ads you will place in mags etc..This requires contacts with major magazines in each country. That is where your team of friends can help (calling mags, getting prices etc.)

Then you need to take care of the initial advertising+production capital. The advertising will very likely be more costly than the actual printing of 30K CD's. Make sure you can raise this capital +a bit more for unforseen costs.

If you used other people's stuff as samples, backing tracks, get in touch with them or their companies to get the licence to do so. If your project succeeds and they find out they will sue for all you got +any golden teeth you might have..

In my opinion, It will be one hell of a task to pull this off, especially to reach 30k sales worldwide as a newcoming "nobody" (no offence here) with very little marketing planning.

I think you should rework your strategy. Financially the loss will not be that great in the event of a total flop but still, you need to maximise your chances..

Heh, I knew that degree would come in handy one day..!

Ummm...just listened to the material...
You might wanna consider a few thousand dollars for bribes for the guys that will critique and rate it in magazines...
Forget it dude, spend the money on a good vacation with your girl...