Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   School of Rock (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375191)

SixnStones 08-05-2005 03:49 PM

School of Rock

My sister is downstairs watching school of rock atm, and i was jst reminded of how outrageous it is at the end when the bassist doesnt get a solo, she looks well upset about it as well. Even the ****ing backing singers get solos, but oh no, not the bassist. Soz, bit of pent up rage, anyone else notice this?

Chris K 08-05-2005 03:50 PM

yeah, it got mentioned here a while ago.

Fu[SIZE=2]cking[/SIZE] disgraceful, they should have had a mini Wooten up there!

SixnStones 08-05-2005 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=Chris K]yeah, it got mentioned here a while ago.

Fu[SIZE=2]cking[/SIZE] disgraceful, they should have had a mini Wooten up there![/QUOTE]

U rli only joined in July 2005? i swear u were here b4 i was :confused: 81 posts a day??

Glass Onion 08-05-2005 03:59 PM

Well she was an ex guitarest who didn't play bass before that film so yeh, what do ya expect?

Bandit5k 08-05-2005 04:01 PM

I expect Classical Thump dammit!

Chris K 08-05-2005 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=SixnStones]U rli only joined in July 2005? i swear u were here b4 i was :confused: 81 posts a day??[/QUOTE]

Yep, new as of Jul '05 :D

Bandit5k 08-05-2005 04:02 PM

coughspamwhorecough

Glass Onion 08-05-2005 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=Bandit5k]I expect Classical Thump dammit![/QUOTE]

:lol:
I think I might need to get out more if that made me laugh like it did :upset:

Chris K 08-05-2005 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=Bandit5k]coughspamwhorecough[/QUOTE]

Something stuck in your throat?

nah, I get that a lot, but I never post unless I feel I can contribute something to a thread.

my morals and ethics are faultless.

janyeno 08-05-2005 04:07 PM

well apparently she DID have a solo, but they cut it out, because it made it too long...
(according to imdb)

Jamie 08-05-2005 04:09 PM

Wouldnt it be in the dvd with the deleted scenes?

janyeno 08-05-2005 04:11 PM

in the kid's commentary on the dvd she supposedly says she did have a solo(i haven't seen it, but have looked it up...)

edit: i don't know if it's in the deleted scenes... it'd be cool if it was...

Glass Onion 08-05-2005 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=jamie_dunce]Wouldnt it be in the dvd with the deleted scenes?[/QUOTE]

Jack Black aparently hate the bass so i think he wouldn't have alowed it...

Chris K 08-05-2005 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Glass Onion]Jack Black aparently hate the bass so i think he wouldn't have alowed it...[/QUOTE]

How can anyone hate a nice bass solo!?

Glass Onion 08-05-2005 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=Chris K]How can anyone hate a nice bass solo!?[/QUOTE]

I guess he just wants to be a stereotypical guitarest *shrugs*

Jamie 08-05-2005 04:27 PM

Isnt it true that little kid is actually better at Lead guitar than Jack Black? :p

I heard Jack doesn't play any of the complexer solo's

TheGhost 08-05-2005 04:31 PM

I noticed she didn't get a solo but I figured she didn't get a solo simply because she wasn't that great. They stopped the camera on here for a little bit, just like they did for the people who got solos. Whenever they showed her playing bass she never did anything too flashy. I just thought she was just there to fill the void, kind of thing.

DaveSavesTheDay 08-05-2005 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=Glass Onion]Jack Black aparently hate the bass so i think he wouldn't have alowed it...[/QUOTE]

It true. He once said in a interview that he hates bass soo much that no matter what happens , he will never allow a bassist in his band.

TheGhost 08-05-2005 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=Basskiid]It true. He once said in a interview that he hates bass soo much that no matter what happens , he will never allow a bassist in his band.[/QUOTE]

He's just jealous of the superior sound.

But seriously (or maybe I was serious), what's not to like? Every guitarist I've met is interested in bass and every bassist, including myself, is interested in guitar. Both intruments really can/do help each other.

cliffburtonrules 08-05-2005 04:41 PM

Ya I was PISSED!

She wasn't half bad though.... from what I hear.

TheGhost 08-05-2005 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=Jody LeCompte]she was GREAT

G...G...G...G...G...G....A[/QUOTE]

Whoa, slow down. I wanna learn that.

Glass Onion 08-05-2005 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=Basskiid]It true. He once said in a interview that he hates bass soo much that no matter what happens , he will never allow a bassist in his band.[/QUOTE]

But how can you not let a bassist in your band? Live you could probelly pull it of it the bassline just followed the guitars or a keyboarders left hand, but in the studio that really wouldn't work. I didn't even know Mr Black HAD a band anyway.....unless we're talking about that sill Tenacious D thing which is crappy anyway.

[QUOTE=TheGhost]He's just jealous of the superior sound.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of a guitarest that tried out for a band i'm trying to get together who was a failed bassist. He said the neck was to big for him. As good as he was he just wasn't what me or my friend was looking for so we had to let him go.

Foxfire 08-05-2005 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=Chris K]How can anyone hate a nice bass solo!?[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say that a large amount of people on here dislike bass solos and think they're retarded.

Esp Griffyn 08-05-2005 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=jamie_dunce]Isnt it true that little kid is actually better at Lead guitar than Jack Black? :p

I heard Jack doesn't play any of the complexer solo's[/QUOTE]

Sessions musicians were most likely used. And no, jack Black isnt a good guitaristm Kyle Gass played all the hard solos in tenacious D. Not that TDs solos are really hard, but Kyle played the more challenging ones.

Bandit5k 08-05-2005 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=Glass Onion]But how can you not let a bassist in your band?[/QUOTE]

Jack Black, In Ten. D, had bass. But some of the tracks played live were just Kyle and Jack. Meh...Bass brings a band together in my opinion. It gives it soul!

DaveSavesTheDay 08-05-2005 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=Glass Onion]But how can you not let a bassist in your band? Live you could probelly pull it of it the bassline just followed the guitars or a keyboarders left hand, but in the studio that really wouldn't work. I didn't even know Mr Black HAD a band anyway.....unless we're talking about that sill Tenacious D thing which is crappy anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yep , that's what Im talking about.

All there stuff is acoustic.

cliffburtonrules 08-05-2005 04:57 PM

Jack Black didn't how to play ELECTRIC before the movie.

cliffburtonrules 08-05-2005 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=Jody LeCompte]^ I got an electric guitar and traded it in for an acoustic soon after.

I hate the way electrics feel.[/QUOTE]
Acoustics sound better IMO.

But it's fun to switch from acoustic to electric because you go so **** fast...

Viscous Fridge Magnet 08-05-2005 05:39 PM

I prefer the feel of an electric's neck. And I don't really dig the shape either.

peeted 08-05-2005 07:01 PM

regardles of jack blacks opinion of bass the bass solo in school of rock was removed due to it being muddy and inaudable.