Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Partial Liberation! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472454)

Danish 05-31-2006 01:32 PM

Partial Liberation!

It appears that the Politics Forum is no longer a "child forum" of The Pit. Let's hope it stays this way.

mcmurray 05-31-2006 01:33 PM

I'm going to forget that it's no longer part of the pit.

Danish 05-31-2006 01:34 PM

Now that we have some more autonomy and only two active mods, I think we should elect a third to take over for Maveryck.

Danish 05-31-2006 01:42 PM

Mav, as much as I like him, hasn't posted since November.

My concern isn't necessarily "keeping things under control," but representation. Two right/centre-right mods in a fairly large and diverse forum? I think we should pick another person to balance the scale.

Jharaski 05-31-2006 01:46 PM

Med isn't that far right...

OH! You sly devil! You want to be the left mod!

Danish 05-31-2006 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=IdioticJester]Med isn't that far right...

OH! You sly devil! You want to be the left mod![/QUOTE]

GAH!

I do NOT. This is NOT about me. To prove it, if we get the chance to nominate people, I will not accept any nominations I happen to get.

Jharaski 05-31-2006 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Danish]GAH!

I do NOT. This is NOT about me. To prove it, if we get the chance to nominate people, I will not accept any nominations I happen to get.[/QUOTE]

I'm just messing dude. :)

You remind me of the guy who was nominated for campus chair at Penn State. He only ran because he was afraid of his opponent winning, and inspired others to run.

EDIT - Ima nominate you.:)

Otherside 05-31-2006 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=Spat Out Plath]Med's centre-left. This place is hardly out of control anyway. If our new-found position attracts in a bunch of retards, then maybe we can get another mod after complaining for six* years.[/QUOTE]

*ten

Chrysostom 05-31-2006 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=Danish]Now that we have some more autonomy and only two active mods, I think we should elect a third to take over for Maveryck.[/QUOTE]

Nah, leave it as it is. I like the consular structure.

SubtleDagger 05-31-2006 02:29 PM

This thread is definitely not Danish saying "I told you so" and power-tripping in any way, no sir, definitely not

Danish 05-31-2006 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=SubtleDagger]This thread is definitely not Danish saying "I told you so" and power-tripping in any way, no sir, definitely not[/QUOTE]

How am I saying those things, Mr. Sarcasm?

italic zero 05-31-2006 02:32 PM

Neither of the mods are extreme. I think they're about equally far from center in opposite directions.

SubtleDagger 05-31-2006 02:32 PM

You're not >_>

Iscariot 05-31-2006 02:32 PM

I don't see the need for another mod. This forum runs smoother than any other forum on the boards.

Danish 05-31-2006 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Iscariot]I don't see the need for another mod. This forum runs smoother than any other forum on the boards.[/QUOTE]

You guys are right. I'm not going to stir anything up. I really just wanted to point out to everyone that we got one of the demands we made previously.

Iscariot 05-31-2006 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Spat Out Plath]I keep order on the strength of my personal charisma.[/QUOTE]

I beat people up with my postcount when they get out of line.

Cain 05-31-2006 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Iscariot]I beat people up with my postcount when they get out of line.[/QUOTE]

This for some reason reminds me of the time I got hoodwinked into thinking you and Subtledagger were the same person.

Iscariot 05-31-2006 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=Cain]This for some reason reminds me of the time I got hoodwinked into thinking you and Subtledagger were the same person.[/QUOTE]

Haha that was so ace.

We did a funny.

Steve Buscemi 05-31-2006 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=Danish]It appears that the Politics Forum is no longer a "child forum" of The Pit. Let's hope it stays this way.[/QUOTE]

I say we recruit the pro's in political topic exclusive forums to tango with us.

SubtleDagger 05-31-2006 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Iscariot]Haha that was so ace.

We did a funny.[/QUOTE]
Haha I remember that.

Those were very good times.

Danish 05-31-2006 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=Steve Buscemi]I say we recruit the pro's in political topic exclusive forums to tango with us.[/QUOTE]

Oooo explain that a bit better.

Iscariot 05-31-2006 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=SubtleDagger]Haha I remember that.

Those were very good times.[/QUOTE]

:h5:

That clever deception is what drives me to continue tricking nubs into thinking I'm a pit mod.

Steve Buscemi 05-31-2006 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=Danish]Oooo explain that a bit better.[/QUOTE]

Generally I say, people viewing political/phil forums tend to be there for that soul purpose which sometimes means they know alot about the subject/are into it. Whereas on Mx you have folks that are in-to such as yourself, a good contender, but at the same time you have the wanderers who want to get their two cents in.

Der Übermensch 05-31-2006 03:40 PM

Well... I know what your all thinking, and while I don't really want to, I'll give into your demands...

I humbly submit myself to be the new mod :p

Iscariot 05-31-2006 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=Das Übermensch]Well... I know what your all thinking, and while I don't really want to, I'll give into your demands...

I humbly submit myself to be the new mod :p[/QUOTE]

We all know that the only man for the job is Zakath.

Zakath for mod of the internets.

nowhesingsnowhesobs 05-31-2006 03:43 PM

Fa[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ath 4 mod

Danish 05-31-2006 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=Das Übermensch]Well... I know what your all thinking, and while I don't really want to, I'll give into your demands...

I'd nominate you ;)

[quote=nowhesingsnowhesobs]Fagath 4 mod[/quote]

Intolerant slurs aren't acceptable here.

italic zero 05-31-2006 03:50 PM

intolerance is intolerated

SubtleDagger 05-31-2006 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=italic zero]intolerance is intolerated[/QUOTE]
Quoting shall not be quoted.

coheneran 05-31-2006 03:58 PM

Aren't you supposed to be an anarchist? What'll you do if someone spams? Have a serious talk with them to make sure they know what they've done wrong?:p