Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Against Me! Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389805)

Unseen2k0 09-01-2005 12:25 PM

Oh.

This is great.

They will remain small, because MTV will never play that and kids will never buy into that.

All black was a poor choice.

nobody's hero999 09-01-2005 12:26 PM

Against Me!'s best Album

I downloaded the song pints of guinness and loved it. Can anyone tell me what there best album is? Oh, and if there is an official discussion thread i couldnt find it, so sorry.

nobody's hero999 09-01-2005 12:27 PM

Can you see it on Launch?

username77 09-01-2005 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=rawdog]'Our arena just basements and bookstores across an underground America' My arse, your arenas are now lounge rooms across the world. This is just so gay. I know bands change but this is against everything they ever stood for. I bet the beomce huge now and their shows will be full of people that don't understand their message at all and the whole atmosphere of unity and the intimacy will be ruined.[/QUOTE]
Shut the f[size=2]uc[/size]k up. Oh, and change your icon if you hate them so much. More people like them, boo hoo for you. Also, they can't change whether or not their fans understand the message, that's up to the fans. Go die, leave them alone, they're about as real as they come.

heyguys 09-01-2005 12:29 PM

hey that song is amazing

heyguys 09-01-2005 12:37 PM

wow i have never seen those guys before i saw that video and now i wish i didnt see that video

i thought they would have looked so much cooler

sketchyjoe 09-01-2005 12:38 PM

Reinventing Axl Rose

Thread finished.

nobody's hero999 09-01-2005 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=heyguys]wow i have never seen those guys before i saw that video and now i wish i didnt see that video

i thought they would have looked so much cooler[/QUOTE]

Why should it matter what they look like? They play great music. Thats all thats important. Also, where can i see the video?

nobody's hero999 09-01-2005 12:40 PM

Thanks, thats the one i was probably gonna get i just wanted to know if there was a better one. Guess not.

heyguys 09-01-2005 12:41 PM

naw it doesnt matter i was just supprised

youre right they do play great music

and on that guys my space

aglobalthreat 09-01-2005 12:52 PM

Crime as forgiven by... Against Me! is better than reinventing axl rose, but its a lot shorter

Fisticuff111 09-01-2005 01:20 PM

That's a tough one. Crime is the best music they ever created, but Reinventing Axl Rose is their best full length. So, if you want a full length, get RAR, it's amazing and the CD changed my life man!

Fisticuff111 09-01-2005 01:37 PM

The video is alright, about what I'd expect from them I guess. I wish they picked a better song off they're new album for a single though. The dog is cool as hell. I doubt they'll blow up because of this video, but it is gonna happen eventually :upset:

P.S. They used to look a lot cooler before Andrew trimmed his beard.

Pete 09-01-2005 01:42 PM

I still think "We Did It All For Don" is their best song, and I don't know which release it's on. =/

Sid 09-01-2005 01:46 PM

The Crime EP, nothing beats a homemade drum set of buckets.

thepo 09-01-2005 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=FatPete]I still think "We Did It All For Don" is their best song, and I don't know which release it's on. =/[/QUOTE]

The Acoustic EP.

Sid 09-01-2005 01:52 PM

Don't lose touch is a horrible song. And maybe some of his old fans turned on him. We didn't need an album with at least five songs where he addresses said issue like its the worst thing in the world. Or we get songs such as Pretty Girls and Problems (possibly their worst lyrical effort, seriously, look at the lyrics, you'll think your little brother wrote them.)

Wow, a few people don't like you, thats how it is being famous. Is Tom going to release a crappy album everytime someone talks s'hit about him?

Against Me! still remains one of my favorite bands.

pedro durruti 09-01-2005 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=FatPete]I still think "We Did It All For Don" is their best song, and I don't know which release it's on. =/[/QUOTE]
WHY DON'T YOU FROWN A LITTLE MORE, JACKASS

Silvermedalmafia 09-01-2005 02:04 PM

I don't mind the video, except he plays a rickenbacker, god I hate those things. Great sound, but the necks just feel like crap.

Rockafella 09-01-2005 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Sid]Against Me! still remains one of my favorite bands.[/QUOTE]
What are your other favourite bands?

Pete 09-01-2005 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=thepo]The Acoustic EP.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, haven't found that yet.

[QUOTE=ihatecelebrities]WHY DON'T YOU FROWN A LITTLE MORE, JACKASS[/QUOTE]
Why, yes, I think I will.

=/

Fisticuff111 09-01-2005 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Sid]Don't lose touch is a horrible song. And maybe some of his old fans turned on him. We didn't need an album with at least five songs where he addresses said issue like its the worst thing in the world. Or we get songs such as Pretty Girls and Problems (possibly their worst lyrical effort, seriously, look at the lyrics, you'll think your little brother wrote them.)

Wow, a few people don't like you, thats how it is being famous. Is Tom going to release a crappy album everytime someone talks s'hit about him?

Against Me! still remains one of my favorite bands.[/QUOTE]

I completley agree. But I guess Tom was just writing what he felt at the time. Songs like "Mediocrity Gets You Pears", "From Her Lips to Gods Ears" and "Even At Our Worse Were Still Better Than Most" really make up for it, to me anyway. The only thing I'm still mad about is how the back-up vocals sound, and how they ruined "Violence" by slowing it down.

I kind of like Problems still, even after they ruined it by slowing it down and overproducing. And you're right, "Pretty Girls" is the worst song Tom has ever written lyrically, but the music is fairly energetic so I can tolerate it.

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:42 PM

Me likes video. Not awesome, but not bad.

Unseen2k0 09-01-2005 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=albert_bass]Me likes video. Not awesome, but not bad.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you have to join the bash wagon.

Sell outz! Bad video! It was gay! Their new CD suxxx!

Unseen2k0 09-01-2005 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]Reinventing Axl Rose

Thread finished.[/QUOTE]

[size=10]Learn to read.[/size]

Angry Balled Fists! 09-01-2005 02:46 PM

I only have RAR, and i love it...

MILF Hunter 09-01-2005 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Unseen2k0][size=10]Learn to read.[/size][/QUOTE]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=MILF Hunter]:confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha my exact thoughts.