Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Against Me! Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389805)

rawdog 09-23-2005 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=Anarcho Poser]Depends on what you consider worth buying. It's worth downloading/borrwoing, at least, and buying [I]maybe[/I].[/QUOTE]
It is for me. Although I havin't listened to it all that much. If you don't have crime, buy crime instead.

AIRIC 09-24-2005 08:45 AM

Disco Before the Breakdown>Crime

Anti-Manifesto 09-24-2005 03:04 PM

[QUOTE=Anarcho Poser]Look what I just found.[/QUOTE]

They're playing on Conan on Friday the 30th now.

3qtzDrunk 09-24-2005 03:17 PM

Im leaving to see them right now.

rawdog 09-24-2005 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=Skrunnch]Disco Before the Breakdown>Crime[/QUOTE]
No way dude!!! Disco is good but cmon, Crime was their best recording, it just wanst long enough. But I find it ironic that their stuff was uber rad, but after disco before the breakdown, the disco kind of brokedown.

rawdog 09-24-2005 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=Anti-Manifesto]They're playing on Conan on Friday the 30th now.[/QUOTE]
Sooooo gay.

Flagjacket 09-24-2005 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=rawdog]No way dude!!! Disco is good but cmon, Crime was their best recording, it just wanst long enough. [B]But I find it ironic that their stuff was uber rad, but after disco before the breakdown, the disco kind of brokedown[/B].[/QUOTE]

What?

AIRIC 09-24-2005 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=rawdog]No way dude!!! Disco is good but cmon, Crime was their best recording, it just wanst long enough. But I find it ironic that their stuff was uber rad, but after disco before the breakdown, the disco kind of brokedown.[/QUOTE]

Disco Before The Breakdown completely blows Crime away.

SlappedByTheClash 09-24-2005 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=rawdog]Sooooo gay.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about??

If there is one TV show deserving of your respect, it's Conan the Barbarian and his hour of destruction. I'd play his show.

AIRIC 09-24-2005 09:57 PM

He thinks it's gay because Against Me! are making money now.

TakeWarning 09-24-2005 10:57 PM

Seeing them play on Conan should be interesting. It's probably been mentioned before but I wonder which song they'll play.

Anarcho Poser 09-25-2005 12:03 AM

Just got back from seeing them. It was sweet, and I have decided that I do still love them.

Mute Print 09-25-2005 12:05 AM

I'll be seeing them for the first time, tomorrow. I'm expecting it to be a pretty awesome show.

TakeWarning 09-25-2005 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=Anarcho Poser]Just got back from seeing them. It was sweet, and I have decided that I do still love them.[/QUOTE]

Did you sleep on a park bench like you said you would?

rawdog 09-25-2005 01:24 AM

[QUOTE=TakeWarning]Seeing them play on Conan should be interesting. It's probably been mentioned before but I wonder which song they'll play.[/QUOTE]
Probably one of their worst songs ever, don't loose touch.

TakeWarning 09-25-2005 02:21 AM

[QUOTE=rawdog]Probably one of their worst songs ever, don't loose touch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I thought they would play.

Anarcho Poser 09-25-2005 07:56 AM

[QUOTE=TakeWarning]Did you sleep on a park bench like you said you would?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I ended up getting a ride, which was good, cause it was pretty cold, and I didn't have a jacket.

and now, half of [URL= http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2CT5I6857O6H90OGSN44GP7AD0]Sink, Florida, Sink[/URL] .

TakeWarning 09-25-2005 08:00 AM

Park-benching is so much more punX though.

I'm downloading Sink Florida Sink now.

Flagjacket 09-25-2005 08:48 AM

That video rules.

Anarcho Poser 09-25-2005 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Flagjacket]That video rules.[/QUOTE]
I wish she'd gotten the whole song though. She took a whole bunch of bits and peices of the show, which I should have tonight, and about 30 pictures of tom. She fails at camera.

TakeWarning 09-25-2005 09:06 AM

Yeah, that video is good thanks Anarcho Poser.

Mr.Shankly 09-25-2005 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=Skrunnch]He thinks it's gay because Against Me! are making money now.[/QUOTE]

hahaha...SOAD played on conan too.

asbestosuit 09-25-2005 07:59 PM

They gave a pretty good interview in AMP magazine(I dont like the magazine that much but its better than them being on the cover of alternative press.[or them going to be in rolling stone])

I just got to see them yesterday night at the chance and they were just phenominal. They even played Baby, I'm an Anarchist and Impact. And 3 encore songs. Who else was there?

Oh and Jack Terricloth (if you dont know who he is, for shame) He said this on his "ask jack" little thing on the w/ifs site:
[I]Q. For the last few weeks my friend and I have traveling living by the flip of a coin affectionately known as Buff. With chance guiding us, we hope charm would carry us the rest of the way; we took a 17 hour bus ride to Tennessee once and later tried to hitchhike home. It feels like our travels are at an end so now we turn to the advice of a stranger: How do we get out of Florida?
A. Ask [B]Against Me! [/B] (Why are they so paranoid? Has anyone out there actually been against them? Sure some one stole their demo tapes and slashed all their tires but when your name is Against Me! you give people ideas. From now on I shall refer to them as "Pro-you!"). I've always concentrated on the staying out of Florida part of the problem. Say hello to Buff.[/I]

TheBeatlesarecoming 09-25-2005 09:35 PM

Against Me! coming to my town. Cant wait

obese_breasts 09-25-2005 10:00 PM

asbestosuit, what was their set list like?

asbestosuit 09-25-2005 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=obese_breasts]asbestosuit, what was their set list like?[/QUOTE]

I cant remember them all, or in any kind of order but they played a lot: those anarcho punks, pints of guinness, sink florida sink(its in the video those people posted above, the video was from the chance show i went to), searching for a former clarity, baby im an anarchist, impact, pretty girls, from her lips to gods ears, justin, you look like I need a drink, we laugh at danger, reinventing axl rose, turn those clapping hands, & a cpl more from searching

Anarcho Poser 09-25-2005 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=asbestosuit]I cant remember them all, or in any kind of order but they played a lot: those anarcho punks, pints of guinness, sink florida sink(its in the video those people posted above, the video was from the chance show i went to), searching for a former clarity, baby im an anarchist, impact, pretty girls, from her lips to gods ears, justin, you look like I need a drink, we laugh at danger, reinventing axl rose, turn those clapping hands, & a cpl more from searching[/QUOTE]
they played problems, don't lose touch, and rice and bread too. I think that's it.

I was there, and my friend took that video.

Nerdcore753 09-25-2005 10:27 PM

I really want to see them when they come near my town (which will be in late October if I'm not mistaking). Sounds like a really good set.

rawdog 09-26-2005 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=asbestosuit]I cant remember them all, or in any kind of order but they played a lot: those anarcho punks, pints of guinness, sink florida sink(its in the video those people posted above, the video was from the chance show i went to), searching for a former clarity, baby im an anarchist, impact, pretty girls, from her lips to gods ears, justin, you look like I need a drink, we laugh at danger, reinventing axl rose, turn those clapping hands, & a cpl more from searching[/QUOTE]
So they mix it around abit? rad. What was the atmosphere like, is it still intimate???

asbestosuit 09-26-2005 04:16 AM

[QUOTE=rawdog]So they mix it around abit? rad. What was the atmosphere like, is it still intimate???[/QUOTE]
It felt like it, but not as much as if I saw them at like the loft last spring(which had a really bad setlist besides those anarcho punks and impact). At places like the chance you cant just go on stage and start singing with them cause the ****ing monkey men bouncers kick you off.

Although one girl did manage to get up there for the last song which I thought was pretty awesome.

So I don't know it all depends on how your feeling when they play. But if we're being completely literal, no, not as intimate. Not as intimate as if say you went to plan-it-x fest when it came to brooklyn, its not gonna be like that anymore.