Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Top 100 Punk Albums - The Definitive list (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319206)

widzjnent 03-26-2005 11:54 AM

hey it is stickied!!
nice

Well_Respected_Man 03-26-2005 12:00 PM

Wow, this list is amazing. Good Job on the reviews everyone. :thumb:

Silvermedalmafia 03-26-2005 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=ihatecelebrities]I liked your 17 Reasons blurb silver, good job Joe and everyone else who helped[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

Sketchy, you did a wicked job.

Silvermedalmafia 03-26-2005 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]Psychobilly is good but most of the psychobilly on Hellcat isn't.[/QUOTE]
amen. I don't think the horrorpops should be on there.

Bartender 03-26-2005 12:43 PM

Good job, all involved (some more than others, but you know). I know all of about a dozen albums on there, if that, but I can see this thing being of immense use to me in future.

extremities9 03-26-2005 02:41 PM

Awesome

honkybrewster 03-26-2005 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=Silvermedalmafia]amen. I don't think the horrorpops should be on there.[/QUOTE]
I'm the only one who voted for them...

I do think it's weird that chips88 put them on the list when I'm pretty sure I was the only one.

Oh well. At least I'm one of the other three people here who are happy about it.

Scuba_Steve 03-26-2005 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=Silvermedalmafia]amen. I don't think the horrorpops should be on there.[/QUOTE]

that's what I thought before I signed up to do the review.

honkybrewster 03-26-2005 10:45 PM

[QUOTE=DDM]that's what I thought before I signed up to do the review.[/QUOTE]
Imaginary rep+

Namdrater 03-27-2005 03:01 AM

I just cant seem to see how Rancids 'Lets Go' album got higher than 'And Out Come The Wolves'? Not my favourite list, seeing that Black Flag - The First Four Years so high in the list... but thats my opinion and opinions are full of **** right?
Thanks to the guys who made the whole list and stuff, good job :)

Henrik 03-27-2005 07:21 AM

I think it's because that and out come the wolves was in a harder poll than lets go. I remember it so.

DOLEMITE 03-27-2005 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=GREENDAY]good job joe u sexxy son of a bi'tch[/QUOTE]
hey *******, im hte only one here who is allowed to have a bob sager avatar. check the rules

Twat_Out_Of_Hell 03-27-2005 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=Namdrater]I just cant seem to see how Rancids 'Lets Go' album got higher than 'And Out Come The Wolves'? [/QUOTE]

Let's Go is a better CD than Out Come The Wolves

Brothel_Creeper 03-27-2005 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=Namdrater]I just cant seem to see how Rancids 'Lets Go' album got higher than 'And Out Come The Wolves'? Not my favourite list, seeing that Black Flag - The First Four Years so high in the list... but thats my opinion and opinions are full of **** right?
Thanks to the guys who made the whole list and stuff, good job :)[/QUOTE]

as dboon put it

'...and out come the singles'

it was a mediocre album, with a few songs that got popular

Anti-Flag Not Fag 03-27-2005 11:51 AM

awesum awesum list glad to see op ivy. on there and anti-flag! :thumb:

Henrik 03-27-2005 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=Brothel_Creeper]as dboon put it

'...and out come the singles'

it was a mediocre album, with a few songs that got popular[/QUOTE]

It was still a great album, with better songs on than Let's Go. London Calling is also mediocore, but it is still great. :chug:

Twat_Out_Of_Hell 03-27-2005 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Henrik]It was still a great album, with better songs on than Let's Go. London Calling is also mediocore, but it is still great. :chug:[/QUOTE]

Let's Go had way better songs, i reckon. Nihilism, Salvation, Radio, Side Kick etc are all classics and the average song is way better than on AOCTW.

How can London Calling be mediocre and great?

chips88 03-27-2005 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=honkybrewster]I'm the only one who voted for them...

I do think it's weird that chips88 put them on the list when I'm pretty sure I was the only one.

Oh well. At least I'm one of the other three people here who are happy about it.[/QUOTE]

There were like 50 cd's that had only one nomination, I chose that one cause I felt like putting some diversity in there, and I thought more people liked them, but turns out I was wrong. My bad.

zedmango 03-27-2005 03:20 PM

I just found this list. Lots of good stuff, but why are The Boys completely missing?

albert_bass 03-27-2005 03:44 PM

Hey guys, you know I've been some time out of these forums, I'm sorry I only did 2 reviews and I know Joe has done lots of reviews and a lot of work so thanks Joe. This is way better than I could imagine when chips started this list. Great job of all you guys and specially Chips and Joe.

EDIT: Now that I've read it I see it's pretty much an awesome list. Some albums fail but it's the best list I've ever seen about punk albums. I say Sketchyjoe for mod (If he wants), he really deserves it.

Brothel_Creeper 03-27-2005 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=Henrik]It was still a great album, with better songs on than Let's Go. London Calling is also mediocore, but it is still great. :chug:[/QUOTE]

lets see shall we

good songs on aoctw - ruby soho, roots radicals, the wars end, the way i feel

good songs on let's go - nihilism, radio, i'm the one, 7 years down, st marys, sidekick, gave it away, motorcycle ride, solidarity, dope sick girl

easy innit

sketchyjoe 03-27-2005 07:06 PM

How can something be mediocre and great at the same time?

cinemanine 03-27-2005 07:24 PM

Sublime???

I dont understand why isnt sublime on this you have catch 22 and not sublime thats a little harsh.

sketchyjoe 03-27-2005 07:41 PM

Because Sublime are overrated and not very good?

guns_of_brixton 03-27-2005 10:40 PM

And they didn't get nominated.

Brain Toad 03-28-2005 01:58 AM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]Because Sublime are overrated and not very good?[/QUOTE]

AChildAndHerLawnMower 03-28-2005 02:12 AM

[QUOTE=cinemanine]I dont understand why isnt sublime on this you have catch 22 and not sublime thats a little harsh.[/QUOTE]

Because Catch 22 > Sublime in every way possible.

superpeer 03-28-2005 02:27 AM

Rep ++ !!

weezerfan 03-28-2005 02:57 AM

Idk i think sublime was able to throw a ****load of cool music styles together, and is overated because people mostly listen to their major label debut, the self titled album. Anyone that isnt really into sublime should check out Robbin' the hood, its a good one. Great list though, the only thing i can really complain about is 98, the Nekromantix album, Whoever did the review is an a'sshole. I know im going to get BLASTED because "i had the chance blah blah blah". But there is a lot of stuff on that list, that doesnt mean i would just **** on everything i didnt like... maybe someone who gave a **** about nekromantix couldve written that review instead of some as'shole who says something as unintelligent as "this **** sucks, whoever voted for it is retarded"...but all in all great list

Henrik 03-28-2005 03:47 AM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]How can something be mediocre and great at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Sorry my fault, I wrote a mistake. I didn't meen mediocore, just a cd with lot's of catchy hits on it. London Calling was a great album, but it was very popish,(if that is a word).

I still tihink that ..and out come the wolves is a way better cd than Let's Go. I think that all the songs are great on it, even though it is not very punk.