Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 08:59 PM

we'll never get the chance to watch this show...shiiiiiit :upset:

i have this picture of joe in my msn thing, it's the one with joe and his "passion is a fashion" jacket.the girl i was talking to was like "ohhhhh who's this hot guy?" so i said "joe strummer...he was in the clash, you know?he's great!..look it's joe and the meskies" and i changed the pictures for one of joe with the mescaleros and she said "ewwwww he's not hot after all...why do you listen to music by such an old man...he could be your dad".

conclusion: some girls are stupid.

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 09:00 PM

THat says alot, because mtv2 is crap.

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]we'll never get the chance to watch this show...shiiiiiit :upset:

i have this picture of joe in my msn thing, it's the one with joe and his "passion is a fashion" jacket.the girl i was talking to was like "ohhhhh who's this hot guy?" so i said "joe strummer...he was in the clash, you know?he's great!..look it's joe and the meskies" and i changed the pictures for one of joe with the mescaleros and she said "ewwwww he's not hot after all...why do you listen to music by such an old man...he could be your dad".

conclusion: some girls are stupid.[/QUOTE]

Joe rocked more than all other old guys on the planet.

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 09:15 PM

i just found this gay text about punk rock and joe strummer that i wrote in french and translated for a work my english teacher gave me:lol:
i got like 96%

CombatRock 02-22-2005 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]we'll never get the chance to watch this show...shiiiiiit :upset:

conclusion: some girls are stupid.[/QUOTE]

i wish joe was my dad

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 09:27 PM

awww me too.it would be so cool, but i guess if joe was my dad, i wouldnt listen tot he clash and the mescaleros that much.

AndreTheHyena 02-22-2005 09:29 PM

Has anyone seen the Hell-cat promo video where Tim Armstrong and Joe Strummer are on a rooftop, and Joe says something like, "It's Joe Strummer and Tim Armstrong, OG and punk rock warlord"? It's tight.

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 09:33 PM

If Joe was my dad, I would love those take your kid to work day things.

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=AndreTheHyena]Has anyone seen the Hell-cat promo video where Tim Armstrong and Joe Strummer are on a rooftop, and Joe says something like, "It's Joe Strummer and Tim Armstrong, OG and punk rock warlord"? It's tight.[/QUOTE]
i've never seen it...the stupid videos on epitaph website dont want to play on my fu[B]c[/B]king computer!

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:14 PM

I just read that Bernie co-wrote the-album-that-must-not-be-named. He should've stuck to his day job...

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 10:23 PM

i'm pretty sure he did.
bernie was kinda strange.
he told joe that combat rock was a bad album, but it's their big hit in the usa...and bernie wanted them to be big in the usa...to have a lot of money.

haha the last testament dvd! :lol: with guy stevens throwing chairs everywhere.ahhh i love that.

GCSux 02-22-2005 10:27 PM

When are the Clash comin out with a new album?

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=GCSux]When are the Clash comin out with a new album?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but the Clash are never coming out with a new album. Their last "real" album was released in 1982.

TheNowhereman42 02-22-2005 10:36 PM

was that that awesome Clash Acoustic one I have?

CombatRock 02-22-2005 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]i'm pretty sure he did.
he told joe that combat rock was a bad album, but it's their big hit in the usa...and bernie wanted them to be big in the usa...to have a lot of money.

haha the last testament dvd! :lol: with guy stevens throwing chairs everywhere.ahhh i love that.[/QUOTE]

i heard somone were that on one song on london calling, you can hear somone yelling cos of a thrown chair..has anyone else heard of this or is it just a clash myth

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]i'm pretty sure he did.

haha the last testament dvd! :lol: with guy stevens throwing chairs everywhere.ahhh i love that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Bernie was pissed about Rock the Casbah, since it was basically a joke on him.

And on the Last Testament dvd Topper said that a stack of chairs fell on Guy and you can hear it on the album! Guy really had ome issues with chairs.

CombatRock 02-22-2005 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]Maybe Bernie was pissed about Rock the Casbah, since it was basically a joke on him.

.[/QUOTE]
i thought rock the casbah was a song about the middle east not letting music be played there or somthing along those lines?

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]i heard somone were that on one song on london calling, you can hear somone yelling cos of a thrown chair..has anyone else heard of this or is it just a clash myth[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think it really does exist, but I dont know which song.

TheNowhereman42 02-22-2005 10:40 PM

Well Combat Rock [I]did[/I] suck

AndreTheHyena 02-22-2005 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=GCSux]When are the Clash comin out with a new album?[/QUOTE]

Joke account.

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]i thought rock the casbah was a song about the middle east not letting music be played there or somthing along those lines?[/QUOTE]
the part

the king told the boogie man
you gotta let that raga drop

is clearly about bernie

CombatRock 02-22-2005 10:44 PM

yea but

"by order of the prophet ban that boogie sound"

i always though it meant middle eastern government banning like punk or new wave music..idk i might be wrong

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]i thought rock the casbah was a song about the middle east not letting music be played there or somthing along those lines?[/QUOTE]

I heard that Bernie kept complaining that all of the tracks on Combat Rock (while still recording it) sounded like ragas (I'm not sure what raga means :confused:) so Joe wrote the lines: "Now the king told the boogie men/ you've got to let that raga drop."

And it turned into a hit single :).

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 10:45 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]I heard that Bernie kept complaining that all of the tracks on Combat Rock (while still recording it) sounded like ragas (I'm not sure what raga means :confused:) so Joe wrote the lines: "Now the king told the boogie men/ you've got to let that raga drop."

And it turned into a hit single :).[/QUOTE]
a hit single and a funny video :lol:

AndreTheHyena 02-22-2005 10:45 PM

I'm pretty sure "raga" is a Middle-Eastern-influenced song structure, or something similar.

CombatRock 02-22-2005 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]a hit single and a funny video :lol:[/QUOTE]
isnt the video shot in el paso texas?

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=AndreTheHyena]I'm pretty sure "raga" is a Middle-Eastern-influenced song structure, or something similar.[/QUOTE]

Probably. I thought it was what Brits called reggae :D.

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]isnt the video shot in el paso texas?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think the limo with the arabian dude says "el paso limo." And the armadillo is awesome :D.

CombatRock 02-22-2005 10:51 PM

yea the video is funny...here is some useless info...after the clash broke up paul simonon moved to elpaso...so now i can say i live in the same state paul use to live in :)

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea the video is funny...here is some useless info...after the clash broke up paul simonon moved to elpaso...so now i can say i live in the same state paul use to live in :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome :thumb:. Do you know long Paul lived there?

CombatRock 02-22-2005 10:58 PM

im not sure...however long he was in havana 3:am..cos thats were the band has located at...i wish he still lived there, i would drive up there and meet my idol...but im sure he lives in england now

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]im not sure...however long he was in havana 3:am..cos thats were the band has located at...i wish he still lived there, i would drive up there and meet my idol...but im sure he lives in england now[/QUOTE]

Yea, he paints in London now. I'm going to sleep, so see you guys tomorrow.

CombatRock 02-22-2005 11:04 PM

peace...does all the members of clash live in england now?

TheNowhereman42 02-22-2005 11:07 PM

Joe Strummer doesn't

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=TheNowhereman42]Joe Strummer doesn't[/QUOTE]
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CombatRock 02-22-2005 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=TheNowhereman42]Joe Strummer doesn't[/QUOTE] yeap cos he is in heaven which is better than england

TheNowhereman42 02-22-2005 11:12 PM

no, he's going "Straight to Hell"

har har

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yeap cos he is in heaven which is better than england[/QUOTE]
did joe really believe in heaven/hell/god/religion anyway?

AndreTheHyena 02-22-2005 11:13 PM

I'd like to think he did, at least to a degree, though I doubt he was Christian.

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=TheNowhereman42]no, he's going "Straight to Hell"

har har[/QUOTE]
no.if he's somewhere, he's in the punk rock heaven. :D