Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rules + Reporting stuff is fun too y'know (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497980)

Royd Rage 10-27-2006 08:09 PM

i'll check to make sure...

nope they don't have one.

mnemonic 10-27-2006 08:11 PM

i dont really think its needed, seeing as it says what you did when you get b&

Royd Rage 10-27-2006 08:16 PM

but even with that we still often have people who don't understand why they have been banned. i don't know why that is.

a thread like this would also close the door for complaints and charges of misabuse by giving a clear explanation.

mnemonic 10-27-2006 08:17 PM

yeah, i guess so.

one time when i got banned, it said "reason for ban: none"

mistergich 10-27-2006 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=mnemonic;13522428]one time when i got banned, it said "reason for ban: none"[/QUOTE]

REASON is a HAL personality open to the public. You can speak to it by saying 'I want to talk to REASON'.

purple_hazer 10-28-2006 01:07 AM

[QUOTE=I_go_by_mikee;13517554]i think this sohuld be brought back also.

they were good threads. but we should all brainstorm an idea for a good one, because none of the ideas really stuck.[/QUOTE]

it should be a huge combo thread, like the first post is a huge setups list, then the second post is a huge video thread (of your own vids)

idk, just a suggestion

joas 10-28-2006 03:41 AM

hey guys i got this great idea lets just make everyone post inside one huge, all inclusive thread so we don't have to deal with any more gear threads of any sort, audio/video uploads, questions about theory or how to play anything in general, and any and all recommendation threads

i think it will help clean up the guitar forum a lot what do you think

purple_hazer 10-28-2006 03:42 AM

either your making fun of me or your not too keen on reading

joas 10-28-2006 03:44 AM

i'm mocking any sort of idea pertaining to "official" or otherwise "all inclusive" threads

Aes820 10-28-2006 06:25 AM

[QUOTE=big daddy roy;13522424]a thread like this would also close the door for complaints and charges of misabuse by giving a clear explanation.[/QUOTE]
No. Too much of a hassel to upkeep. Especially for like short temp bans.
The 'reason for ban' field is enough.

'Post your gear' and other 'official' threads are similar. Too hard to upkeep. And they all too often end up full of off topic conversation. And then it's difficult to justify closing them seeing how many users have a vested interest in it.

The Black Fist 10-28-2006 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=joas;13524265]hey guys i got this great idea lets just make everyone post inside one huge, all inclusive thread so we don't have to deal with any more gear threads of any sort, audio/video uploads, questions about theory or how to play anything in general, and any and all recommendation threads

i think it will help clean up the guitar forum a lot what do you think

...[/QUOTE]

This is, as we say in the biz, a wicked awesome idea.

Royd Rage 10-28-2006 02:32 PM

i get the general theme here...

nothing.

nothing will work,nothing is going to change,nothing is worth a little effort.

i'm starting to think everything people say about the guitar forum is true.

The Black Fist 10-28-2006 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=big daddy roy;13526086]i get the general theme here...

nothing.

nothing will work,nothing is going to change,nothing is worth a little effort.

i'm starting to think everything people say about the guitar forum is true.[/QUOTE]

It's not that nothing works- it's that we've had a plethora of 'official' threads and such in the past and they don't do jack except give people a reason to get pissed off and tell people to gtfo to the official thread on the topic. Seriously, this is a forum, threads are meant to be created. I'd rather see this forum active with new topics, even if the content is repetitive, than see it stagnant with 5 stickied official threads.

Royd Rage 10-28-2006 02:52 PM

i understand that,tbf. it's just when i first came here the guitar forum just seemed so much more better put together. than chad came and **** on it and now it just looks like the fallout from a bombing. i just think it can do more than just be a home for random threads.

anyway,i'm liking the idea of turning it all into one huge and crazy thread.

chad did that to the politics and world issues forum...i have to say it was pretty funny :lol:

i meant [I]mean[/I]...it was really mean :rolleyes:

The Black Fist 10-28-2006 03:02 PM

As I've said, if you guys want to organize it and figure out what you want then I'll press the 'sticky' button, but this is mostly a forewarning that nothing good will really come of it. Hey, unless it does and then I'll eat my hat.

Just for the love of god no '******OFFICIAL****** [lolz asterisks make it official] SWEPING THRED LOLOLOL' k

thickasabrick 10-28-2006 03:06 PM

lol Roy it isn't as bad here as you make it sound. I just think it would be more fun if there were more people posting, instead of the same people every day. I think our high postcounts have intimidated noobs from posting because we get like one new member per few months it seems. So it's just always the same stuff everyday.

Royd Rage 10-28-2006 03:09 PM

[url]http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498385[/url]

actually one has already started...or rather restarted.

so far it seems to be going good with no spam at all.

thanx to purple hazer for it's resurrection.

Miek 10-28-2006 03:09 PM

Sweet roy, but thats like 1 in a million

The Black Fist 10-28-2006 03:12 PM

Youtube thread veto'd due to lameness

Royd Rage 10-28-2006 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=thickasabrick;13526313]lol Roy it isn't as bad here as you make it sound. I just think it would be more fun if there were more people posting, instead of the same people every day. I think our high postcounts have intimidated noobs from posting because we get like one new member per few months it seems. So it's just always the same stuff everyday.[/QUOTE]

yeah your right about that.

also everytime someone new ask the same old question we are like "shud up newb!"

[QUOTE=funkymike;13526330]Sweet roy, but thats like 1 in a million[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[QUOTE=The Black Fist;13526353]Youtube thread veto'd due to lameness[/QUOTE] :p

Miek 10-28-2006 03:15 PM

Are you laughing at me or with me?

:upset:

Royd Rage 10-28-2006 03:17 PM

laughing with you...cause basically your right.

Royd Rage 11-03-2006 02:45 PM

can someone please close the distorted guitars are whatever blah blah thread and ban the threadstarter please.

i consider it spam to come into a forum just to insight angry reactions.

at least amit has intelligence and can back up his claims.

this other guy is just a bored loser.

jeremy should really make it so some users can be banned from specific forums (banned from like say the guitar forum but allowed to post in other places) that way assholes like this can be kept out and they can end up as some elses problem. i don't know if this guy is like this in the other forums but whenever he is here he does nothing but cause problems.

Aes820 11-03-2006 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=big daddy roy;13562333]can someone please close the distorted guitars are whatever blah blah thread and ban the threadstarter please.[/QUOTE]
I'll be a happy man on the day that i see threads like that getting 0 views and 0 replies.

But that's more so up to the users to ignore them. Not the mods to close and ban on sight.

Royd Rage 11-03-2006 08:32 PM

i see what your saying.

it's just hard not to reply when your [I]really [/I]annoyed. :lol:

mnemonic 11-03-2006 08:34 PM

or a tad obsessive compulsive.

damn, i hate it

Royd Rage 11-03-2006 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=mnemonic;13564211]or a tad obsessive compulsive.

damn, i hate it[/QUOTE]

:lol: exactly.

i've been a mild obsessive compulsive for years now.

i say mild cause i clean a lot but i can still have clutter around or awhile without it bothering me.

mnemonic 11-03-2006 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=big daddy roy;13564225]:lol: exactly.

i've been a mild obsessive compulsive for years now.[/QUOTE]

i find it sort of annoying when playing guitar. i like to have good tone, but most of the time, i can't stand playing unless i like how it sounds, and i'll spend all my time tweaking knobs rather than practicing.

Royd Rage 11-03-2006 08:49 PM

i don't at home but i do that when i am at a guitar store...

but we should stop spamming in here before we get b& :lol:

johnb73 11-08-2006 04:52 PM

is the the place to come when you want a thread closed?