Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I had the best dream... (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483121)

EADG 07-20-2006 08:52 AM

I had the best dream...

I just had a dream where I got an Ampeg 4x10, 2x12, and 1x15, a brand new head (Ampeg SVT Pro I think), and something else.. I think maybe a rackmount tuner or an effects unit. I was ridiculously happy, then I woke up and it was all gone.

:upset:

Discuss bass-related dreams.

tim_commerfordism 07-20-2006 09:13 AM

Yeah I had this dream I was shaggin this well hot chick, then I woke up and I was in bed with ya mam.

Nah, I know what you mean it's pretty depressing, but I soon forget about it! I've had gear dreams, and also dreams where people like Flea and Timmy C tell me it was because of me they were successful. I wish :upset:

EADG 07-20-2006 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=tim_commerfordism]Yeah I had this dream I was shaggin this well hot chick, then I woke up and I was in bed with ya mam.

[/QUOTE]

lololololoo gud 1, neva herd dat 1 be4.

I also had a dream I was jamming with Victor once.

tim_commerfordism 07-20-2006 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=EADG]lololololoo gud 1, neva herd dat 1 be4.

I also had a dream I was jamming with Victor once.[/QUOTE]

l0lz ye.

No seriuosly, after I saw RHCP a few weeks back I had a dream that I had a full on session with Flea, John and Chad. I woke up and thought it was real - I had seen them the night before. When I started talkin to my mate about it, how after the gig I did all this he laughed at me and I felt like an idiot!

Atake_ 07-20-2006 09:36 AM

i had a dream that my guitarist was playing BASS in my room when i was sleeping , so i woke up and he was playing rancid , he hates punk , then i saw that he was playing in an ampeg a small one but it sounded as hell , so i told him to go and started playing but i don't remember what happened later:confused:

Roo_bass 07-20-2006 09:57 AM

I had a dream -well nightmare- where my bass had a huge dent in it! In the same dream my guitarist told me I was playing 1st and 2nd at the local battle of the bands (I was playing in 2 bands at battle of the bands).

SlapnPop 07-20-2006 10:00 AM

I had a dream that I went on some vacation.. and it was the day of returning home. Once I got home, my dad told me he had some "special suprise" for me. I went downstairs, and on my guitar stand stood a Warwick Thumb Neckthrough 5-String.

I woke up shortly after. I was really really pissed off.. cause at that point in time I was really jonesing for a Warwick

PainKiller8191 07-20-2006 06:13 PM

i think I'm the only one who hasn't had a bass-gear related dream...i guess playing live could be gear related somehow so whatever

Jameslar 07-20-2006 06:27 PM

I have dreams where I win the lottery and hid the money in my shoe, then wake up and run over to my shoe to find only stink

The JoZ 07-20-2006 06:30 PM

I had a dream recently where I was competing to be All That Remains' new bassist.

I was at one point, losing to a really fat, IMO untalented guy, but I think I ended up getting it. I don't remember honestly, all I know is that I woke up and realized I am not, in fact, a member of All That Remains.

Jamie 07-20-2006 06:40 PM

I had a dream my mum gave me £600 for a new rig and she said she hid it in my mug in the kitchen cupboards.. Oh, and she bought me a nice new bass (can't remember what it was!) So I played it on the night and put it in its new guitar stand next to my bed. Wake up in the morning to reach for it to play and it's gone! Go downstairs to look for the money and it's gone too! Then I realise I dreamt it :(

Polyamarous 07-21-2006 04:48 AM

I had a dream where I was playing someting, sounded damn good, but when I woke up and tried playing it, and it sounded shít.

tomtom 07-21-2006 05:13 AM

i dreamt that i was at a Chilli Pepper's concert, and Flea hurt himself, i did the rest of the gig in he's place

blizzard 07-21-2006 06:04 AM

I had a dream I bought 2 basses really really cheap. I was pissed off when I awoke.

tomtom 07-21-2006 06:56 AM

once i dreamt that Blackdot (local music store) had this Trade anything for anything deal going, where you bought in anything, and they'd trade it for anything. i ended up getting an acoustic bass, a Mesa Boogie/Ampeg stack, a guitar stand and 2 hard-cases (one for the acoustic and one for my monterey)

i woke up, and wanted to tell my mates about it, then i remembered i dreamt it

Sammy_L_D 07-21-2006 09:43 AM

I had a dream where one day the nation rose up and began to live out the true meaning of its creed.

vheartagramv 07-21-2006 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=The JoZ]I had a dream recently where I was competing to be All That Remains' new bassist.

I was at one point, losing to a really fat, IMO untalented guy, but I think I ended up getting it. I don't remember honestly, all I know is that I woke up and realized I am not, in fact, a member of All That Remains.[/QUOTE]

Haha, the last line of that story is gold. Didn't some chick replace the guy that joined CKY?

New ATR album is pretty darn good, imo.

Spaceman Spiff 07-21-2006 09:48 AM

Last night I had a dream that seemed like a George Romero movie. I was going around with a small group of people killing off zombies. There weren't really any other humans around except for my group that was killing the zombies. It was pretty cool.

My dream > Your dreams

:D

Sammy_L_D 07-21-2006 10:00 AM

I had a dream once where I was in some bizarro-world-esque office building, in the middle of a "desert". The desert's ground had a rather odd look to it though--I believe it was the graphic texture from the floors of a level in Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. And in the distance, there was a cheap early Disney film look to a cityscape in the distance.

So I go up an elevator (crowded elevator--blank faced people everywhere), and get off on the floor labelled on the elevator "Mystery Floor". I enter a room in the hallway somewhere, full of TV monitors, computers, and laboratory gear. There's also a group of scientists who all immediately run at my sight--except one, who pushed a button causing a red light to start blinking in the room.

So I head downstairs, and the sky starts turning red, and dark clouds start forming. Then some really small tornadoes form outside, followed by a massive tidal wave going over the cityscape in the distance. It splashes the ground of the desert, making my feet wet.

I escape the building, and the first thing that runs through my head is "I need to keep my feet dry". So naturally, I jump into a pool of a nearby mansion.

Dream ends with me walking towards some dilapitated house near the mansion.

Not bass related...but it was pretty sweet.

The JoZ 07-21-2006 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=vheartagramv]Haha, the last line of that story is gold. Didn't some chick replace the guy that joined CKY?

New ATR album is pretty darn good, imo.[/QUOTE]

Jeanne someone is their new bassist if that's what you're wondering.

"The Fall of Ideals" is a wonderful album from what I've heard so far.

irishslappop 07-21-2006 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=Spaceman Spiff]Last night I had a dream that seemed like a George Romero movie. I was going around with a small group of people killing off zombies. There weren't really any other humans around except for my group that was killing the zombies. It was pretty cool.

My dream > Your dreams

:D[/QUOTE]
dude i love zombie killing dreams!!! they're so incredably fun. its like your in resident evil but its real, so fun. i can sometimes feel myself waking up and i try to force myself to stay asleep so i can keep dreaming but it never works :(

tomtom 07-21-2006 04:37 PM

i had a zombie dream once. how awesome is it when you shoot the with a shotgun, iit's like "Theres another one *CLICK (gun reloading)*BOOM* holy ****, just legs left ............"

Spaceman Spiff 07-21-2006 04:52 PM

Man, you guys have lame zombie dreams. I was killing them with my bare hands.

tomtom 07-21-2006 05:19 PM

man, shotgunning zombies is the bomb. when i ran out of ammo i resorted to clubbing them which was fun