Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Open Discussion (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531896)

exodus 07-27-2007 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=SoulSeekerz;15036260]Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay on thanks. [B]A guy with all your red bars is in no position to talk[/B]. Besides a small clique. I still have many good friends and associates on here that makes this a worthwhile place to post. The trolling no longer bothers me, so if it for your own entertainment value, knock yourselves out..[/QUOTE]

Lol bro don't give me that attitude, and an insult like that, just :thumb:

just took a look at your myspace, holy **** lets keep it down righty now?

dei 07-27-2007 10:25 AM

Exodus, what does his Myspace have to do with anything?

Let's keep this thread on topic.

Loch Tess Monster 07-27-2007 10:25 AM

Not the place for this conversation, guys

exodus 07-27-2007 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=fauxreal;15036275]Exodus, what does his Myspace have to do with anything?

Let's keep this thread on topic.[/QUOTE]

The fat dinosaur's questioning my worthiness of speakin on here after I gave him advice to make his sad life [B]much [/B]easier (hence stop postin here). Yes Lets keep this thread on topic :wave:

mx 07-27-2007 10:28 AM

You guys are making a very telling case for removing this forum

SoulSeekerz 07-27-2007 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=exodus;15036268]Lol bro don't give me that attitude, and an insult like that, just :thumb:

just took a look at your myspace, holy **** lets keep it down righty now?[/QUOTE]
What does my myspace have to do with this discussion and the state of GD forum? You don't kake any sense.

Back on topic.

Jeremy, can you change the 50 post count to be allowed in GD. Maybe with more new people in here , you could expand the forum and make it more interesting and level. I know they love to troll the noobs, but they will survive. Maybe a 10 or 20 post count will allow access to here? Just a thought.

Marc Johnson 07-27-2007 10:32 AM

There are so few people speaking for so many right now. So many users aren't on, participating in this discussion, and they need to, because their input would make a difference. I've been just sitting and watching this whole thing and tbh, it would suck to no longer have the pit. I'm on it all the time and even if I'm not posting I like to read the threads and analyze everything. I hope that there can be a way to fix it.

SoulSeekerz 07-27-2007 10:32 AM

Yes, but if you do remove this forum, isn't this some sort of containment area for those who are a bit more renegade and risque. These posters will just spread out into other forums making things more difficult to moderate.
Maybe you might consider an entire 360, and allow anything goes, and have the 3 mods just delete and close whatever is not appropriate. A free-for-all if you will, no restrictions, no guidelines, no bans, then the populous will grow tired and weary and might bring some much need self-control to themselves. A risky experiment, but it would be interesting nevertheless.

Dinosawesome 07-27-2007 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Loch Tess Monster;15036234]Nath honey, I get your good intentions here but this is not going to do anything but aggravate him more.[/QUOTE]
Oh it will at first sweety, but whether it works or not depends on whether it's done properly or done for the first week and then laxed off.

Jude 07-27-2007 10:38 AM

The pit is always going to be full of retards I'm afraid, but it always was and it was still good at some times. The biggest problem is that all the funny/good posters have left or stopped posting for the most part. And of course you have attention whores like Chad, but hasn't this stuff happened before? He'll eventually stop if you don't give him attention anyway.

In any case if you're offended by having people post stupid things on your forum, then yeah, close the pit. It's up to you...but it won't necessarily stay bad. Mods can help, but it's more about what users post in it.

SoulSeekerz 07-27-2007 10:40 AM

Hey Here's a idea. Jeremy can make me a Supermod and I will become everyone worst nightmare, the most hated man on mx forums, will now have your fate in his hands. Bet that would shake things up around here.

Loch Tess Monster 07-27-2007 10:41 AM

Jeremy, please don't let the one off-topic argument determine anything. Especially since...
[QUOTE=Marc Johnson;15036300]There are so few people speaking for so many right now. So many users aren't on, participating in this discussion, and they need to, because their input would make a difference. I've been just sitting and watching this whole thing and tbh, it would suck to no longer have the pit. I'm on it all the time and even if I'm not posting I like to read the threads and analyze everything. I hope that there can be a way to fix it.[/QUOTE]
Only what, 10 users are having any say right now?

[QUOTE=Nath;15036304]Oh it will at first sweety, but whether it works or not depends on whether it's done properly or done for the first week and then laxed off.[/QUOTE]
I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

[QUOTE=SoulSeekerz;15036291]
Jeremy, can you change the 50 post count to be allowed in GD. Maybe with more new people in here , you could expand the forum and make it more interesting and level. I know they love to troll the noobs, but they will survive. Maybe a 10 or 20 post count will allow access to here? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I think it should be reduced. Maybe not so low as 10, but 25? At least for a probationary period.

[QUOTE=SoulSeekerz;15036303]Yes, but if you do remove this forum, isn't this some sort of containment area for those who are a bit more renegade and risque. These posters will just spread out into other forums making things more difficult to moderate.
Maybe you might consider an entire 360, and allow anything goes, and have the 3 mods just delete and close whatever is not appropriate. A free-for-all if you will, no restrictions, no guidelines, no bans, then the populous will grow tired and weary and might bring some much need self-control to themselves. A risky experiment, but it would be interesting nevertheless.[/QUOTE]
If the pit gets deleted, I won't come back to MX. I haven't posted anywhere BUT the pit for literally years. And I know there are plenty others like me.
And if, for whatever reason (though I consider it unlikely), you decide to take that advice ^, we will need more than 3 mods. Just saying.

Surgicalgod 07-27-2007 10:43 AM

Let me do the thinking for you:

- Removing GD will only transpose the problem to other parts of this site.

- Any form of limitation or "punishment" will only make matters worse.

- Most people here are idiots so don't take their advice on anything (lol @ nath's post)

How about you discuss things with Chad and come up with some sort of agreement? That's the only thing that would actually work, tbh.

exodus 07-27-2007 10:43 AM

To Loch Ness Monster:

[quote=Loch Ness Monster]dude, shut up. you're solving absolutely nothing.[/quote]
I make a generous contribution to society by attempting to help an old man make his life better, then the moron comes back with an childish insult which just furthers my point; he's a ****ing idiot.

So much for the blame of imaturity on young guns, seniors are ****ing gay

but liek I said, I'm done talking about fossils :D [B]Lets stay on topic[/B].

Black Ink 07-27-2007 10:43 AM

Getting rid of a choice few members would be ideal. In the past if people caused trouble they'd just find better things to do and leave or quit their hijinks. There's no real difference between now and the last time GD was closed down. People demanded stuff, it was refused, site was brought down, people argued, and its the same old stuff over again.

New mods wont fix this cause they'll be strict with the rules and then they'll be hassled and flamed for it. Getting rid of post count wont do anything and neither will resizing avatars or anything like that.

Find a way to stop the crashing of the site and get rid of the users responsible.

I Am a Hat 07-27-2007 10:47 AM

every few months theres some big announcement about stricter moderating and new policies or something with but they only get enforced for about a week. nobody gets banned anymore. in this very thread theres retarded spamming and flaming going on and they havent even been shut up. honestly with the state of things right now it should be pretty common to scroll through a thread and see 2-3 banned users. where are the nazi mods

Jude 07-27-2007 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Surgicalgod;15036329]

How about you discuss things with Chad and come up with some sort of agreement? That's the only thing that would actually work, tbh.[/QUOTE]

There's no need for him to discuss anything with Chad, that'll only encourage him.

[quote]New mods wont fix this cause they'll be strict with the rules and then they'll be hassled and flamed for it. Getting rid of post count wont do anything and neither will resizing avatars or anything like that.

Find a way to stop the crashing of the site and get rid of the users responsible.[/quote]
Well in that case we just need mods who don't care if they get flamed for enforcing rules.

And yeah, if there's a way to just get rid of Chad completely then that would be awesome, but apparently it's easier said than done.

Holy War 07-27-2007 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=Jude;15036316]The pit is always going to be full of retards I'm afraid, but it always was and it was still good at some times. The biggest problem is that all the funny/good posters have left or stopped posting for the most part. And of course you have attention whores like Chad, but hasn't this stuff happened before? He'll eventually stop if you don't give him attention anyway.

In any case if you're offended by having people post stupid things on your forum, then yeah, close the pit. It's up to you...but it won't necessarily stay bad. Mods can help, but it's more about what users post in it.[/QUOTE]

the problem is that the [I]general[/I], usual chit chat that MX would like to see on the forum has been rendered obsolete by a select population of posters that have spent a lot of time posting on mx and are keen on the evolution of its entertainment, theyve got to push it to further and further limits to get the "lulz or lolz or rofls" and entertainment they crave for, which leads to heightened depravity and many users to be left in the forum dust

the only solution: close the pit, people will set up another forum elsewhere were they can circlejerk eachother

AKid2 07-27-2007 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=mx (circa 2k1)]I'm considering making a subforum of The Pit entitled "Crap".

That way I can move all the crap threads in there, where people can either spam, or be utter spatulas, such as The Trooper.

Its too bad only about 20 threads will be left in the Pit...

Aarggh.

I wish there was some way to stop this... I don't want this site to become another TC[/QUOTE]

Same ol, yeah?

I think one way to fix this (I'm not even sure if its possible) Is to make sure that all of the mxers are really here for something else. People who are posting legit content in the guitar forum usually aren't spamming the pit, etc. I suppose it could backfire and you'd just get a bunch of people distributing the spam to other forums just so they could spam the pit...

But even then it'd be easier on the mods. I understand the mods lack of action in the pit. It's hard to define crossing the line in a forum like the pit; but in the guitar forum if someone is like i eat cheese lolz it will just be ban and done. I think this makes sense.

I've never ran a forum like this before, so I don't even know if this sort of thing is possible, but I think you know what I'm trying to say at least.

Apocalyptic Raids 07-27-2007 10:50 AM

[QUOTE]There's no need for him to discuss anything with Chad, that'll only encourage him.[/QUOTE]
It's better than ignoring him and his demands completely, which I'm sure encourages him even more.

However I think Jeremy might have tried discussing things with Chad in the past, so whether or not he wants to go down that route again I don't know.

Holy War 07-27-2007 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Surgicalgod;15036329]Let me do the thinking for you:
- Removing GD will only transpose the problem to other parts of this site.
[/QUOTE]

no, they get banned for offtopic, try going into the guitar forum and act like a GD poster and see how long you have before The black fist zeros in on you with a banhammer

Surgicalgod 07-27-2007 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=Black Ink]Find a way to stop the crashing of the site and get rid of the users responsible.[/QUOTE]

both are impossible so yeah my way works best.

exodus 07-27-2007 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=surfin' on a rocket;15036351]It's better than ignoring him and his demands completely, which I'm sure encourages him even more..[/QUOTE]

First of all, lawl @ Chad, queer name nonetheless, 2nd..demands, lmao, 3rd, its not hard to trace a DDOS (if thats what the retard is doin), anonymous european server can't hide from computer literate online hosts, I know how it works cause my buddy used to do it to a starcraft forum.

SoulSeekerz 07-27-2007 10:56 AM

I agree Wish, I was just thinking outloud. I have no problem with people making fun of me and teasing if it were just only kidding, but when the flaming becomes so obsessive with every post I make, someone jumps in to call me fat or old lol, News flash, I know I'm fat & old, as well many of you will be someday. I try to respect everyone. I am never the first to instigate trolling. When I defend myself or fight back, they just push harder, so I have taken your advice and ignored and will try to rise above all the trolling.

Surgicalgod 07-27-2007 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=surfin' on a rocket]It's better than ignoring him and his demands completely, which I'm sure encourages him even more.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

[QUOTE=A Spoonful Supreme]no, they get banned for offtopic, try going into the guitar forum and act like a GD poster and see how long you have before The black fist zeros in on you with a banhammer[/QUOTE]

alt. accounts + hacking powers

Jude 07-27-2007 10:59 AM

Chad is not really that much of a threat to the site's stability in fact...he might make it crash once in a while but he loves posting on it too much to leave it down for long or anything

unknownsoldier12 07-27-2007 11:03 AM

sure, THAT absolves him :rolleyes:

exodus 07-27-2007 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=mx;15036180]Thanks for a real answer Nath[/QUOTE]

GD's so ****ed up cause disabled post count, no one gives a **** since obviously this site's the base structure of some of these losers' lives, God knows how long some of these kids would last out there in the real world.

If you had a real general forum where post count was enable and where the rules apply as strictly as it does in other serious forums, then you wouldn't hear a peep from every loser on here that cries about **** 24/7 (Sexymuffin, Light Fantastic, SoulSeeker, um.. PerpetualBurn, etc, etc), then set another forum for pure bitchin and lustful anal loving (disable posts) and let these virgins run wild with passion in there.

unknownsoldier12 07-27-2007 11:08 AM

or, ya know, they could just set up a chat room :/

SoulSeekerz 07-27-2007 11:08 AM

Well Jeremy, whatever you decide, I want to thank you for over 3 1/2 years of good times and some bad, but it is great to be part of a unique and vibrant music community, one of the best on the web. You have given us an awesome gift, and I for one appreciate it. It's a damn shame some of these younger kids, who are intelligent, and so talented want to use their skills to disrupt this forum and bring it down. Thanks again for all your hard work and effort in making mx forums the very best.