Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drums & Percussion (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Boogie Woodie drums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616763)

tard 09-26-2012 07:47 AM

Boogie Woodie drums

Since the original post is gone I had to start a new one. BW's web site should be up and running in a couple weeks until then you can still contact them at: [B]http://www.facebook.com/BoogieWoodie?ref=ts[/B]

Here is a couple clips from youtube of the walnut kits being played by BW endorsed session drummer Brian Burwell. Clips were recorded unedited, one on a hand held camcorder at the Chicago drum show the second video was recorded on a droid but the real audio was recorded Command Recording Studios in CA. They have 25 minutes of unedited drum tracks with one of their walnut kits. More will be available on their website very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0dxuwzVx90&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTujH3HrwLg&feature=youtu.be

Steffanwolf 09-26-2012 08:41 AM

I appreciate that you're trying to back up your claim, but come on. Audio taken from a phone/camcorder, uploaded to YouTube and put through laptop speakers isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

Get BW to record with decent equipment, upload to Vimeo so the audio isn't completely degraded, and make it worth my while to dig out the good headphones. Otherwise your just posting clips of some rando messing around on a kit that sounds the same as any other put through the same amount of trauma.

tard 09-26-2012 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=Steffanwolf;18952042]I appreciate that you're trying to back up your claim, but come on. Audio taken from a phone/camcorder, uploaded to YouTube and put through laptop speakers isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

Get BW to record with decent equipment, upload to Vimeo so the audio isn't completely degraded, and make it worth my while to dig out the good headphones. Otherwise your just posting clips of some rando messing around on a kit that sounds the same as any other put through the same amount of trauma.[/QUOTE]

See, the thing is I am not trying to back up anything, just posting whats available for anyone that interested to see and hear. Besides I already stated they have done professionally recorded audio but I know the second it is available on their website the haters will still claim it is over processed and they dont really sound that way in real life. Just like when Guru posted clips of the original prototypes that were not close miked or processed. Also your talking like I have some kind of influence as to what BW does with their product.

[B]DISCLAIMER:[/B]
Again I state this post is for information purposes only and in no way is being posted as an attempt to sway, convince, brainwash, instill or otherwise cause anyone to change their opinions, beliefs or ideals about anything.

PS: if you have any interest in the product you can deal with them directly, if you only got shit and BS to spew, then fuck off...lol

tard 09-26-2012 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=Vinnie's Ice Cream;18952049]Oh boy, just the reaction posts on this one will be entertaining...

Is tard trying to push shitty handycam drum videos again?

Man, you'd think these companies would just fork over the coin for a day in a recording studio and some decent camera's...

There really is no excuse for not having the highest end quality video and audio of your musical product online.

OR you know, even higher an actual Rep. Not some blue collar washout hiding in the sticks of ooooooh caaannnnnnaaaaadaaa......[/QUOTE]

Really? So when I posted the Peavey promo, Guru promo, Bobby Rock videos and VanHalens video you said they were no good either because they were processed and anything can sound good processed, even tho the Guru promo was unprocessed, which you tried to claim was and now I post these unprocessed ones and these are shit too, and I even state the real audio was recorded in a pro studio and will be available as soon as the website is up and you still feel the need to mouth off, can you not read or are you just plain stupid, whatever, you dont know shit, never did and are just talking out your ass again like always.

BTW, You would not last 10 min up here in Canada, you got to be a man to survive up here.

tard 10-08-2012 08:44 AM

BW drums has signed session drummer Brian Burwell as their first endorsee. I believe he was one of Peaveys endorsed drummers back then but was with Ludwig until 08 or 09 and then with DW until signing with BW.

Origin Media Productions video performing artists "Know Lyfe" seen playing a new set of BW's during the "GETTIN GRIMEY IN MIAMI" concert back in July.

Drum Phil 10-09-2012 07:17 AM

45 minutes isn't all that quick :-/

tard 10-09-2012 10:37 AM

lol, so much for ignoring me, HF, some 5 star drum shop if they have never heard of Guru, what rock has that shop been hiding under, plus if he laughed about the radial design then he really knows SFA about drums considering it is basically the same design used by Arbiter but with the ability to actually tune it properly.

Pearl2004 10-09-2012 01:43 PM

Ted!!!!! They're doing it again!!!! But, it's tards thread, so who cares?

tard 10-11-2012 06:13 PM

[B]From BW drums facebook page:[/B]

Brian Burwell will be taking a walnut set of BW drums to the American Music Awards show in November. Studio work happens in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited that the drums we make get to be a part of the music!

Det_Nosnip 11-14-2012 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=Pearl2004;18955167]Ted!!!!! They're doing it again!!!! But, it's tards thread, so who cares?[/QUOTE]

Damnit, there's only so much time in a day! The problem is that there isn't much that is salvageable about this thread...what am I going to do, delete the whole thing?

Josiah: cease and desist.

Seafroggys 11-14-2012 10:33 PM

Lol a month later.

tard 11-17-2012 01:01 PM

Its still under construction but heres a link to BW's new web site, plus a video clip of one of their piccolo snares taken at the drum shop and below is a shot of their newest snare prototype, shell thickness is in between the other 2 snare designs.

http://drumbw.com/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541919919154947

[IMG]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548685_4541653016903_286439946_n.jpg[/IMG]

tard 11-19-2012 06:12 AM

The walnut BW's sounded good last night at the AMA's, I am glad that Tim, Russ and Brian
got to be part of such a major event.

StrikerPro1000 02-16-2013 08:19 PM

BW, Peavey & Guru

http://drumbw.com/bwcontact.html

These guys have picked up on the most awesome sounding drums ever.

I own DW, Master seris Pearls and several sets of Radial pro 1000's.

the sound quality of the Radial Pro's is vastly superior to any other drums.

BW is just re making them. Whoo Hoo

Striker

Vinnie's Ice Cream 02-17-2013 11:10 AM

You do realize advertising on this forum does nothing for you right?

If the sound quality is actually "vastly superior to any other drums", I expect we'll see every major pro flocking to them shortly.... particularly the ones known for their incredible drum sounds.

Let the product speak for itself.

tard 03-15-2013 10:43 PM

Funny how its ok for you to brag up and shoot your face off about anything you like but the second someone else posts a link to a product they like you get all defensive and try to put them down for liking something different. Just goes to prove what a POS Ahole you really are. More than likely trying to make up for a small penis considering all the bragging you do about your guns and lifted trucks.

Panopticon 03-15-2013 11:37 PM

shutup.

Jeffs Carrot 03-16-2013 03:04 AM

Do you have any videos of you playing the radials tard? That would be great if you had any. I know you like to post about them, but give the people a taste of what you're all about.

tard 03-16-2013 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=Jeffs Carrot;19017227]Do you have any videos of you playing the radials tard? That would be great if you had any. I know you like to post about them, but give the people a taste of what you're all about.[/QUOTE]

Already posted them a while back when Vinnie told me to put up or shut up. Remember, he would not even acknowledge that I had posted them until about 3 or 4 other members told him they were there and to stop shitting on me for not posting vids. Then he shit on them for being crappy camcorder vids even tho the quality was better then the camcorder vids he posted.

Vinnie's Ice Cream 03-16-2013 09:19 AM

Hahaha

Man you are delusional.

tard 03-16-2013 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=Vinnie's Ice Cream;19017267]Hahaha

Man you are delusional.[/QUOTE]

Whatever, just because they deleted the whole thread due to your constant posting of obscenities and childish behaviour doesnt mean it didnt happen. Everyone that was involved in that thread will remember and you denying it happened just makes you look even more like a POS than usual....lol

Jeffs Carrot 03-16-2013 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=tard;19017257]Already posted them a while back when Vinnie told me to put up or shut up. Remember, he would not even acknowledge that I had posted them until about 3 or 4 other members told him they were there and to stop shitting on me for not posting vids. Then he shit on them for being crappy camcorder vids even tho the quality was better then the camcorder vids he posted.[/QUOTE]

I meant videos of you playing your own drums at home, I remember the others for sure.

tard 03-16-2013 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=Jeffs Carrot;19017348]I meant videos of you playing your own drums at home, I remember the others for sure.[/QUOTE]

No, sorry, I have never bothered shooting any videos. Even the videos of any of the bands I have been in were all shot by other people. Either people in the crowd, organizers of the event or someone related in some way to the other members of the band. Just really never really felt the need to video myself at home or even at the gigs for that matter...

Jeffs Carrot 03-16-2013 06:48 PM

It can be a big hassle but it also helps

We are our own best critics, watching yourself play can make you immensely better all around.

tard 03-17-2013 12:35 AM

I am not the best player nor am I the worst player, but after 33 years of playing drums, at age 46 I probably wont get much better no matter what I do...lol

Jeffs Carrot 03-17-2013 02:41 AM

Never too late my friend

There is always something around the corner to spark inspiration