Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hip Hop (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   new elp song (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602061)

matious 03-09-2012 11:51 AM

new elp song

odgjosfdkgnjscknvsdvf
sfdgndkjl

http://www.donewaiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Full-Retard.mp3
you can download it directly by right click saving as.

new album may 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so excited im crying

Urinetrouble 03-09-2012 12:33 PM

This is extremely dope, but not cry-worthy
I like how his production is still complex but its getting more and more listenable/head-bobbable

His rapping has greatly improved as well with a better sense of rhythm and wordplay

publicastration 03-09-2012 12:54 PM

i mean delorean is pretty fuckin head bobbable dunno what you mean

Tyler 03-09-2012 01:27 PM

this is what new deltron will wish it sounded like, at least as far as production goes.

curious to hear the collabs. dont give a fuck about hearing that doofus from interpol but el-p and danny brown could be slick

kingsoby1 03-09-2012 03:49 PM

looking forward to el-p/ killer mike LP coming out also. el-p handling prod, mike with rapping

publicastration 03-09-2012 03:50 PM

this bangs

kingsoby1 03-09-2012 03:59 PM

yes ridiculous

guitarded_chuck 03-09-2012 04:09 PM

dat ginger back at it

matious 03-10-2012 12:57 AM

[QUOTE=Urinetrouble;18820028]

His rapping has greatly improved as well with a better sense of rhythm and wordplay[/QUOTE]

stfu el-p has always been a great mc. since company flow.

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=matious;18820478]stfu el-p has always been a great mc. since company flow.[/QUOTE]

He was a good rapper he was always outshined by his peers. He's improved in a sense that he stands out amongst his peers more than he used to.

matious 03-10-2012 02:05 AM

He stands out against his peers even though he's been a solo artist the past decade?

Even before on company flow, or with def jux crew he was never out shined by his peers, i don't think you were listening hard enough.

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 02:32 AM

[QUOTE=matious;18820499]He stands out against his peers even though he's been a solo artist the past decade?

Even before on company flow, or with def jux crew he was never out shined by his peers, i don't think you were listening hard enough.[/QUOTE]

cannibal ox, aesop rock, cage, etc. were all more distinguished than him. by peers I meant his label def jux

I'm not even insulting the mans work I'm very much a fanboy myself so calm down

matious 03-10-2012 02:44 AM

none of those are better rappers than him. Cannibal Ox are you serious? What are those guys up to these days? [U]Nothing[/U]. Vast Aire was absolute garbage who was saved by El-P's production. Cage? Get the fuck outta here.

Aesop Rock is obviously the closest candidate. I'd agree it becomes a matter of taste between the two, but for me Aesop has always supplied lovely imagery and really intricate rhymes, but has never actually had much to say. What are "halo kibbles" anyway?

I'm super emotionally invested in my artists bro. How are you bout to belittle el-p like this

daIceman 03-10-2012 02:46 AM

Aesop Rock is by far the best MC in def jux crew (or he was I am not sure if he still stands under this label)also I like Cage rapping more than EL-P as well

but don't take me wrong I like El-P

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 02:48 AM

[QUOTE=matious;18820530]none of those are better rappers than him. Cannibal Ox are you serious? What are those guys up to these days? [U]Nothing[/U]. Vast Aire was absolute garbage who was saved by El-P's production. Cage? Get the fuck outta here.

Aesop Rock is obviously the closest candidate. I'd agree it becomes a matter of taste between the two, but for me Aesop has always supplied lovely imagery and really intricate rhymes, but has never actually had much to say. What are "halo kibbles" anyway?

I'm super emotionally invested in my artists bro. How are you bout to belittle el-p like this[/QUOTE]

I'M NOT BELITTLING HIM DUMBASS I NEVER SAID THEY WERE BETTER LEARN TO FUCKING READ GODDAMMIT SO ANGRY THAT I HAD TO TYPE IN CAPSLOCK FUCK THIS I ALREADY SAID I'M A FANBOY OR ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING?

ugh I shouldn't have to deal with stupidity on this level

daIceman 03-10-2012 02:48 AM

shit that song is dope

matious 03-10-2012 02:53 AM

[QUOTE=daIceman;18820532]Aesop Rock is by far the best MC in def jux crew (or he was I am not sure if he still stands under this label)also I like Cage rapping more than EL-P as well

but don't take me wrong I like El-P[/QUOTE]

Dude can i just show you a killer verse by El-P, part of a cypher, where he clearly OUTSHINES his peers. Just to exemplify where I'm coming from.

It's from huzzah pt 2.

[QUOTE]Straight shots of the sterno plus, wick stuck in the bottle empty
[B]3[/B] blocks to the target we light it and lob it hard at centry
[B]4[/B] pigs of the oinking variety guard the market entry
[B]5[/B] minutes of flames and then aim the whistle my father lent me
[B]6[/B] oclock we meet up and divi the shells among the youngins
[B]7 [/B]continents in the shit and smoke like it's fuckin London
Just before they[B] 8[/B] up the funds our harmony love was bumpin
Now goverment issue [B]9's[/B] are pointed where your blood is pumped in
[B]Ten[/B](d) to mop up these muttering zombies talker pieces
[B]El'll ven[/B](t) on you harder than fukashima breezes
In the end when a[B] dozen[/B] or so ajourn to reason
Youll find the verdict return corrupted in murderous seasons
With[B] inverted 31's[/B] and other unlucky omens
Thats why I chugg[B] 7 and 7's [/B]'til I'm fuckin homeless
And every time you think my [B]15[/B] minutes of fame are up
I spit another [B]16[/B] and prove to the world I fuckin own it[/QUOTE]

Thats some next level shit
It sounds hot too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ijOe3sGEk

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 02:55 AM

yeah that remix verse is dope

and matious, what I meant by outshined was that his voice isn't as distinctive-sounding as the other rappers. Aesop has that nasal whine and Cage sounds like his mouth is stuffed full of PCP and etc. he just has the voice of a normal rapper

matious 03-10-2012 02:57 AM

[QUOTE=Urinetrouble;18820537]I'M NOT BELITTLING HIM DUMBASS I NEVER SAID THEY WERE BETTER LEARN TO FUCKING READ GODDAMMIT SO ANGRY THAT I HAD TO TYPE IN CAPSLOCK FUCK THIS I ALREADY SAID I'M A FANBOY OR ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING?

ugh I shouldn't have to deal with stupidity on this level[/QUOTE]

I couldn't care less what you label yourself. The word "Outshined", how was i supposed to interpret that?

I'm not retarded, but I am something abnormal, admittedly.

Your pattern of debate seems to follow a formula of baiting, bad logic, contradiction.

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 03:00 AM

you mad?

and I was venting there I'm sorry for the caps lock outburst

but yeah back on topic el-p is dope

also you mad

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:02 AM

Yeah that verse is really brilliant (Aesop has great lyrics too btw more abstract) but I am speaking more about MC skills (flow, voice, overall feel) I like Aesop rapping much more than El-P.
So let's sum up it I like abstract lyrics by Aesop Rock, I think his flow is one of the best in the game so I am looking forward to Skelethon (my most expected LP this year) more than Cancer for Cure...sorry

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:04 AM

but nobody arguing with you....El-P is master in his craft

matious 03-10-2012 03:07 AM

[QUOTE=daIceman;18820552]Yeah that verse is really brilliant (Aesop has great lyrics too btw more abstract) but I am speaking more about MC skills (flow, voice, overall feel) I like Aesop rapping much more than El-P.
So let's sum up it I like abstract lyrics by Aesop Rock, I think his flow is one of the best in the game so I am looking forward to[B] Skelethon[/B] (my most expected LP this year) more than Cancer for Cure...sorry[/QUOTE]

Damn, thanks for mentioning this, i wasn't even aware.

I dunno guys. If I'm going to listen to a guy more or less, "say stuff" over beats, I want it to be the most thought provoking, or emotionally resonant. Some shit that provides a different perception on life.

El-P is great at this, and knows how to write it in accordance with his production, which is why his music is so rewarding.

If we are talking about the best rapper, it's easily Doom but i'll let that slide for now...

And yeah, i love aesop rock. I thought these bars were great:

[QUOTE]if the jesus piece around your neck is bigger than your pistol
it makes homicide okey dokey and your god will forgive you
just show the saints at heaven's gate you should be on the list
i hear overlooks manslaughter for a tatooed crucifix[/QUOTE]
Thats from babies with guns
snap

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 03:09 AM

El-P is in my top 5 producers ever the others being Madlib, J Dilla, Pimp C, and RZA

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:13 AM

I like Aesop attacking on church in most of his songs :P
We have that in common I've got some serious issues with church as well

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:15 AM

Urine what about some new school producers like ... KNO, LAZERBEAK, blockhead

matious 03-10-2012 03:18 AM

blockhead ain't that new school. He did do [I]float[/I] which was my fave aesop rock.

Kno is super dope, i liked his solo release but i forget the name.

Urinetrouble's list is pretty good I feel like. Maybe Dre deserves a mention, but eh

matious 03-10-2012 03:20 AM

flying lotus is a sick producer

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:22 AM

KNO solo LP is Death is Silent, one of my favourite

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:23 AM

And what about Ish Butler aka Butterfly aka Palaceer Lazaro... production on Black Up is top notch ...lyrics, rapping everything my no.1 LP EVER
fuckin fall in love